AX8 users moving to Axe-Fx III

• Thread starter Deleted member 62268
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 62268

Who has done it and what is your current setup (with foot controller)? Please post photos.

Thanks!

I went to a III with an FC6, couldn't be happier. Really is the best of the best

Sold the AX8 after a few weeks so I still have the money ready for FM3 when it's available in England

Please post photos.

Recovering AX8 user here and let me tell you, the FC-6 & Axe-FX III is sweet. It blows away the X/Y concept because of the level fo flexibility/modularity it provides. My go-to Captain Hook preset I use the Per-Preset layout and the HOLD function cycles the A-B-C-D-E channels of each effect. Hope that helps, it's killer, way more flexible than the AX8!

IMG_4850.jpgIMG_4851.jpg

Last edited:
The III will do everything you love about the AX8, but soooooo much better. The AX8 is a killer unit, but the III really is the best

And I can't say it often enough how clever per-preset is. Each different can have it's own unique layout, and it's super easy to program. Just so dam useful

I really prefer not having everything on the floor in front of me, the FC6 has a significantly smaller footprint than my old AX8 pedalboard

This is great to hear, since I'm considering an AXE-FX III. I love my AX8, but figured I'd have some time to learn the more complex unit.

Who has done it and what is your current setup (with foot controller)? Please post photos.

Thanks!
Footswitch setup really depends on what you use during the gig. You can setup thousands of different combinations depending on your needs. The Axe3 and FC Controller is wayyyyy more powerful and flexible than an AX8.

Is there an underlying question of specific things?

Couldn't find the answer to this so I'm wondering if it is possible to use my existing AX8 as a foot controller when I receive my Axe III?

Bought AXE FX 3 a few months ago. Sound is much better, feel is much better, using it also as the main audio interface(it sounds great with a pair of Adam A8X).

I'm using AXE FX 3 primarily at home without any foot controller.
AX8 primarily used on rehearsals. Thinking to sold it when FM3 will be available without a waitlist.

Back
Top Bottom