AX8 use same pedal for Wah in one scene, something else in diff scene?

6stringscott

Inspired
In AxeFX II XL, I would accomplish this with a mixer block after the Wah, fed by the main signal block in one row and a bypass shunt in another row. This let me effectively have a thru-bypass functionality on the Wah even when auto-engage is used in the Wah block. In scenes where I want the expression pedal to control other blocks, I would set the Mixer values so it took all signal from the shunt row and took 0% from the row with the Wah in it. This lets different scenes use the expression pedal without having the Wah kick in when I don't want it (even though the Wah block is still being controlled by the same expression pedal too, and auto-engage is still taking effect, we're just ignoring the output of it).

So if AX8 doesn't have Mixer blocks, how do you accomplish this? I bought the AX8 to save space and have a compact setup, but this feature hole might force me to use a wider pedal board with an extra expression pedal. I can't imagine the Mixer block is something of such great complexity that it dramatically impacts CPU or memory footprint. But it IS a real feature benefit to save hardware space if they implement it or another way to solve this problem of sharing an expression pedal between Wah and anything else.

Lots of threads on how to do this in the AX8 forum. Just use any block that you can bypass in one scene or another to route around the wha block (PEQ, Filter, GEQ).

What would be a more appropriate forum? I am familiar with functionality on the AxeFX II XL for several years, and now I had an AX8 product-specific question arising from the differences in blocks available between AX8 and AxeFX II XL. Technically the solution offered here works cross-platform, but the problem only presented itself to me (and presumably others) on the AX8 because there are more obvious ways to solve it in AxeFX II XL.

What would be a more appropriate forum? I am familiar with functionality on the AxeFX II XL for several years, and now I had an AX8 product-specific question arising from the differences in blocks available between AX8 and AxeFX II XL. Technically the solution offered here works cross-platform, but the problem only presented itself to me (and presumably others) on the AX8 because there are more obvious ways to solve it in AxeFX II XL.

In just simply trying to answer you question, slightly rhetorical though it may be, I would say if you have "an AX8 product-specific question" then the AX8 forum seems more like the place to ask it....

Woh...something wacky happened or I'm just an idiot. I could have sworn that I was navigating in the AX8 forum looking for posts on the topic and I thought I was posting there. Sorry guys!

LOL, well that certainly explains the differing opinions and confusion.

Certainly no harm done, because really what works for an AX8 user will also work for an Axe II user, and surely some II users gained a useful tip

Back
Top Bottom