AX8 USA/Canada Purchase Invitations

"I just got this, opened it to test [ALERT! ALERT! no longer "new" (and no warranty anyway)], and packed it back up so I could sell this at a profit I did nothing to earn (except get on the waitlist so I could cheat F.A.S. and other users out of a real sale)."

Tom petty " The waiting is the hardest part" . Im excited and definitely have an urge just to upgrade from my Ultra to the XL while I wait. How about a customer appreciation day sale :D . I guess the only bummer about the wait is watching people try selling the AX8 at 1900 to 2300 bucks on Reverb/Ebay .

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!! :p

It may have caught Cliff and company a little flat footed by the response they got. I was watching the Line 6 Helix for a bit before I even knew about the AX8. So I was very very late to the game. I have considered getting the Atomic Amplifire but not too sure about the interface. Sweetwater has Helixes in stock now for a few days so I guess the rush there is over. In fact I suspect some returns will start trickling back. . ;)

Not so sure on the Helix. On Thursday I went to a Helix demo at Guitar Center. I would have expected they would have had a few there to sell, but they had none, zero, zilch. The salesman says they cannot keep them in stock. If you cannot keep it in stock and you have a demand, you just order more, unless production cannot keep up.

My guess is lots of folks are gravitating to these higher end guitar products.

As for the Helix, it was pretty cool, the cleans and effects that were demoed were very nice. The bells and whistles are nice. But the higher gain, while better than the HD500x, still did not sound as good as my old Ultra did. If there were no AX8 I would probably go for Helix. But, I am so looking forward to a Quantum AX8. On the waitlist for 10/13 late in the evening..... getting closer....

I think impatience is clouding people's vision. Keep in mind, there is no public relations win where customer complaints are concerned. You put up a nice forum, give people a chance to talk about lots of cool stuff, even give great updates and fairly exclusive access to owners of the company, and people still use the resource you pay for to complain about you. You don't get info out fast enough. It takes you too long to make your product. Its too expensive, its too cheap. All that even despite the fact that Fractal being a boutique company is what facilitates them to keep quality so high and thus what draws us here in the first place. I envision a lot of Suhr, Music Man, PRS, etc., and Exotic, Keeley, Fulltone, etc. players here who probably found that Boogie was about the most mass produced brand of anything they've ever owned. Fractal probably makes the most hi tech sensitive piece of gear we'll own, and is even a step up from most TC and Lexicon gear where its digital effects are concerned. Yet, they're a small enough company that one of the top people posts in this threat to tell us they've hired people to help meet a very likely unexpected demand. I didn't expect this would be that big a deal because I figured most people would still prefer the more feature heavy AXE FX II. But, it makes sense, more and more gigging musos are finding that the Fractal stuff is a legit substitute for hauling all that heavy gear that so many of us simply don't have the road crew to help us out with. Load in times at clubs are only getting tighter as they already think a single band supplying the PA should be able to set up their show in an hour. With bands like Hinder using Eleven Racks and Stryper using Line 6, it only makes sense that people will more and more see that Fractal is arguably way ahead of them both.

This really isn't any different than waiting for guitars to be built. When you're in line, you're in line. There are times you'll wait a few months for a Music Man, and times, they'll get caught up, and you'll not have to wait for so long.

I can't wait... I check in like a fanboi every day, 2 or 3 times a day... But, I don't see what complaining about it on the company's dime will do. If there was an obvious customer service problem... sure, a company probably even wants a chance to see such a complaint so they can fix it. But, there is only so much they can do, and hiring new employees in a likely part time situation is pretty extreme, so I'd say they're definitely trying their best to keep us happy.

Having said all that... Come on October 23rd!!!!! LOL Oh dear...

Yeah, I was going to mention I got my confirmation at 11:26PM on 10/13, and just got my invite 30 minutes ago....but they're already on to 10/14. :D

Congrats on turning the corner, Fractal!

YEEHAW

All Pacific Coast time:

• Email Confirmation: 10/13 - 8:59PM
  • Received Invite: 03/14 - 11:16AM
  • Order Confirmation 03/14 - 11:32AM

So excited. Missing my Ultra I had to sell a couple years back, and this should be much better and more portable! Unfortunately I am all the way to the west coast and I could not justify speeding up my order with more shipping cost after the expense of the AX8, so I will have to wait, but should not be more than a week I suspect. Again, YEEHAW!!!

Got my invite today - bad timing with an upcoming trip so trying to figure out a neighbor or work to accept shipment.

Waitlist: 10/13 9:25pm MST (11:25 EST)
Invite: 3/14 12:16pm MST (2:16 EST)

UPDATE - ordered today 3/15! Looking forward to it. Need to sell some stuff though....

Last edited:
Not so sure on the Helix. On Thursday I went to a Helix demo at Guitar Center. I would have expected they would have had a few there to sell, but they had none, zero, zilch. The salesman says they cannot keep them in stock. If you cannot keep it in stock and you have a demand, you just order more, unless production cannot keep up.

My guess is lots of folks are gravitating to these higher end guitar products.

As for the Helix, it was pretty cool, the cleans and effects that were demoed were very nice. The bells and whistles are nice. But the higher gain, while better than the HD500x, still did not sound as good as my old Ultra did. If there were no AX8 I would probably go for Helix. But, I am so looking forward to a Quantum AX8. On the waitlist for 10/13 late in the evening..... getting closer....
For a long time I was hoping Roland would update the VG 99 but I think that will never happen. I have a Roland ready MiM 13 pin Strat which I love playing and really wanted the VG 99 for dual guitar emulations, but , alas . . . LOL. I tried the Line 6 JTV 69 and hated it as the neck felt like a baseball bat. Sweetwater has Helixes in stock now for about 5 days running but I'm not going there. It's time to try something new/better.

I just got on the waiting list. Lol. Looks like it'll be at least 3-4 months wait. It' cool I can wait.I'm still gassing though.

14th is here! now the question is how quickly does volume of requests drop off over the next 24 hours on the list? I'm at 11:30am PST (2:30 EST) on the 16th. I'm sure hoping it won't be months... I'm even hopeful of less than 1 month at this Juncture. this is where the old SS would have come in handy, we could at least get a rough 'picture' of how the drop off goes..

Back
Top Bottom