AX8 USA/Canada Purchase Invitations

Ha, I'm in on 2/17/2016 so at least you are not the last in line
Welcome to the caboose . I hope you're not in a big hurry. :eek:

From what I can see on the FAS website everything is out of stock, Ax FXs, FX8s, AX8s, MFCs . . everything except expression pedals. So, at least we aren't alone at the end of this Beggars' Line. I'm going to resist the temptation to settle for the Quick Fix and buy a Helix, and instead wait for the AX8, unless I chance upon an Ax Fx II for a reasonable price ( like at a garage sale where the person doesn't know what it is they have. HA! . .fat chance of that happening :p).

Aaaahhhhh :)
10/13 8:54pm
I've been so fricking patient, pretty much convincing myself it would never really happen. Been waiting for this since my Standard, way back when....
Onward ~~~~~>>
:cool:

The are overbooked with orders for months and months - no sales are lost, I'd say :)

There is no question they are losing sales. Anytime you go to an e-commerce site and they are not able to fulfill orders, sales are being lost. Some people are willing to get themselves on a waiting list, but many others move on and either make another purchase or keep the rig they have. Given the success and quality of their products, it is a shame FAS is not able to scale out their operation. They are certainly leaving money on the table.

Reactions: MBJ
There is no question they are losing sales. Anytime you go to an e-commerce site and they are not able to fulfill orders, sales are being lost. Some people are willing to get themselves on a waiting list, but many others move on and either make another purchase or keep the rig they have. Given the success and quality of their products, it is a shame FAS is not able to scale out their operation. They are certainly leaving money on the table.
I don't know about you, but I'm pretty content with the fact that FAS doesn't seem so concerned with this as to make rash decisions or lower the quality of their product and efforts.

It just occurred to me (apologies for being a bit dopey, I have two young children. ;-) but now we are moving into the evening and night of the 14th and though there will have been a lot of night owls I'd imagine there will be a lot less invites once we get to about 2 am est, as a lot of people would be in bed. it's moving a lot quicker and we may see a jump to the morning of 10/14 relatively soon.

Let's hope. :)

I don't know about you, but I'm pretty content with the fact that FAS doesn't seem so concerned with this as to make rash decisions or lower the quality of their product and efforts.

Quality and scale are not mutually exclusive. Reading through these forums and the angst over availability/timing, "content" is an interesting word choice. :)

But I do agree that quality should not be compromised. Given my experience scaling out hardware and software products, it shouldn't have to be.

How many people on the waiting list are on this forum ?
Confirmation email received 9:05 on 10/13, invitation to purchase received this morning at 8:17 PST, on my birthday no less. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!
happy birthday! congrats have fun

Hmm...I got on the wait list @ 12:25am EST 10/14/15. It's now 3/7/16...

Hang in there guy's..... I just got my AX8 last Thursday.... and was on the waiting list close to with in the first hour on the 13th. Trust me, it is worth it!! and we will soon be getting the Qv2.01....

Being as I'm new here, I've gotten the impression that Professor Chase isn't about to hire a bunch of guys from Labor Ready temp service to slap a bunch of AX8s together and blitz them out the door, only to have them bounce back in his face from ticked off customers. I'm glad that FAS doesn't farm out their work to that factory in China where Apple has their stuff made ( you know, the one where workers hurl themselves off the roof because they can't go on any more). Yes, waiting sucks, but getting a mediocre product is more infuriating for me so I'll grumble a bit but in the long run I think I'll be more than happy with what I receive. I just talked with a friend who has had the Ax Fx MkII for a few years and had nothing but praise for it, the firmware upgrades and the customer support. I'll take him at his word.

So, hopefully, the FAS elves are happily listening to their favorite music while they assemble the AX8, maybe even getting a chair or foot massage while they are on lunch break and get back to it feeling fine and focused.

I said this in a previous post but I'll repeat myself: You should NEVER interrupt a Wizard when he's working.

Being as I'm new here, I've gotten the impression that Professor Chase isn't about to hire a bunch of guys from Labor Ready temp service to slap a bunch of AX8s together and blitz them out the door, only to have them bounce back in his face from ticked off customers. I'm glad that FAS doesn't farm out their work to that factory in China where Apple has their stuff made ( you know, the one where workers hurl themselves off the roof because they can't go on any more). Yes, waiting sucks, but getting a mediocre product is more infuriating for me so I'll grumble a bit but in the long run I think I'll be more than happy with what I receive. I just talked with a friend who has had the Ax Fx MkII for a few years and had nothing but praise for it, the firmware upgrades and the customer support. I'll take him at his word.

So, hopefully, the FAS elves are happily listening to their favorite music while they assemble the AX8, maybe even getting a chair or foot massage while they are on lunch break and get back to it feeling fine and focused.

I said this in a previous post but I'll repeat myself: You should NEVER interrupt a Wizard when he's working.

The question was: "Are there lost sales" and I think there is little doubt there are. While sweat shops in China do provide quantity scale, they are mostly about cost. I never suggested the products are too expensive and should go overseas to get cost down. I merely suggested they scale out their operation, while maintaining the US-built quality that makes their products so desirable.

Back
Top Bottom