AX8 USA/Canada Purchase Invitations

I thought I was way out but looks like I signed up on 10/20. I guess that's not horrible. If people from 10/13 are getting invites that's encouraging.

I wonder how many days they give an invitee or order and pay before moving on. If they send emails and don't get a response for 5 days or so that would be a slow process.

I thought I was way out but looks like I signed up on 10/20. I guess that's not horrible. If people from 10/13 are getting invites that's encouraging.

I wonder how many days they give an invitee or order and pay before moving on. If they send emails and don't get a response for 5 days or so that would be a slow process.

"24 hours is not enough time. 2-3 days makes more sense. In any case, the availability window has not been a cause of delays because the opt-in rate has been VERY high and nearly immediate."

Any 10/14 action yet?

yes I'm at 10/13 @ 6:39 and still no invite so depending on size of the list could be couple of days or couple of weeks.
Either way I will be waiting patiently.
I'm right about where you are. I was at around 5pm or so Pacific Time so that put me further down than I originally expected (normally I'm Central)

They're still at 5:16 it seems like which means it's moved about 10 minutes in a month.
If that's the case it could be forever - and did someone say you only have 24 hours to order when you get that email? If you missed that one it would really stink.

Guess it doesn't make sense to me. You have a high demand product - why not order and produce something like 3/4 of the total size of the list based on people who will actually follow through with orders or whatever - that percentage could be based on historical data of releases in the past?

I'm not sure how they are approaching it, based on the chatter it almost sounds like they've got 50,000 on the waitlist and they are ordering and producing like 1000 at a time.

I know one thing - I sure messed up when this thing was announced the first time Cliff dropped it off on the main forum. I sold my main unit like 2 weeks later thinking this would make it obsolete and have been bouncing around with different stuff waiting on this ever since. Lesson learned I guess, I'll never make that mistake with Fractal again.

If that's the case it could be forever - and did someone say you only have 24 hours to order when you get that email? If you missed that one it would really stink.

Guess it doesn't make sense to me. You have a high demand product - why not order and produce something like 3/4 of the total size of the list based on people who will actually follow through with orders or whatever - that percentage could be based on historical data of releases in the past?

I asked the same question here: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/too-high-demand-for-fas-products.108907/

why not order and produce something like 3/4 of the total size of the list

If a company orders 50,000 assemblies from their supplier, then their supplier buys all the parts to build them and something needs to be changed, then the company with their name on the product is responsible for everything they ordered and the time to take them all apart and implement the change, buy the new parts, etc. FAS is just now building some history that says the risk is low enough (I assume) to open the AX8 manufacturing spigot again and maybe a little faster this time. It's just the right way to do things. Kinda like installing a new water pipe inside of a wall and checking it a couple of times before you put in new dry wall, paint, and carpet.

Also, probably makes Cliff sleep well and dream about Quantum stuff instead of mountains of AX8s limping toward him with arms extended toward his neck. Ha ha.

Last edited:
If a company orders 50,000 assemblies from their supplier, then their supplier buys all the parts to build them and something needs to be changed, then the company with their name on the product is responsible for everything they ordered and the time to take them all apart and implement the change, buy the new parts, etc. FAS is just now building some history that says the risk is low enough to open the manufacturing spigot again and maybe a little faster this time. It's just the right way to do things. Kinda like installing a new water pipe inside of a wall and checking it a couple of times before you put in new dry wall, paint, and carpet.

Also, probably makes Cliff sleep well and dream about Quantum stuff instead mountains of AX8s limping toward him with arms extended toward his neck. Ha ha.
That was way too intelligent and well stated. That has no place here.

It's unlikely that you got ignored, but invites haven't been sent for a while now. I signed up in the US list first day 6PM and they stopped before that before Christmas. November won't be dealt with in quite some long time I'm afraid, and then there's your area distributor, if there's any...[/QUOTIf ive got my invitation I'll using the most trusted pararel importer from us to Indonesia , I've coupled success time with axefx2 , yes we have authorized dealer but they don't have clues when they can have The ax8

Back
Top Bottom