AX8 update bug

Triptout

I've owned the ax8 for 2 yrs with no problems. Last friday, 12/27/19. And then saturday night at a gig, trying to hit a PEQ for a lead boost, pedal went down. No display, no button lights, input indicator still lit and showing a level. Very ragged, cleanish sounding output, display came back on, half the fractal startup text and logo with sporadic lines below that. Blinked, then everything came back on and it was fine. Unit kept in case always. Never wet. Knobs all very smooth. Always on good power. Any ideas what happened? First time on here. Hope I havent broken any rules.

I've owned the ax8 for 2 yrs with no problems. Last friday, 12/27/19. And then saturday night at a gig, trying to hit a PEQ for a lead boost, pedal went down. No display, no button lights, input indicator still lit and showing a level. Very ragged, cleanish sounding output, display came back on, half the fractal startup text and logo with sporadic lines below that. Blinked, then everything came back on and it was fine. Unit kept in case always. Never wet. Knobs all very smooth. Always on good power. Any ideas what happened? First time on here. Hope I havent broken any rules.
What rules would you have broken?

So you pressed a footswitch and the unit reset? That’s all you didwhen it happened?

Yes, also, as I corrected in my next post, I've had the unit a couple yrs. I just did an update friday and this happened saturday night. I use this board everytime I gig and that's usually every weekend

Yes, also, as I corrected in my next post, I've had the unit a couple yrs. I just did an update friday and this happened saturday night. I use this board everytime I gig and that's usually every weekend
Could it have been a momentary power dip or surge to the AX8? Either from the external power source or the beginnings of an internal failure that may eventually go dead (most likely a power supply capacitor of output transistor)?

I had a similar problem one time were the preset just went loud and wasn’t what I programmed, I bought a surge protector and haven’t had the problem again

What was the update?

Back
Top Bottom