AX8 Tweaker Product Idea (Poll)

Are you interested in this product idea?

• Yes

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • No

Votes: 24 77.4%
  • No opinion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I forgot about pausing AX8-Edit while at practice. :confused:
I very rarely have my PC connected to the AX8 during practice.

I thought AX8-Edit paused automatically once it sensed that your were using the buttons on the AX8 itself?

You can choose whether it should pause automatically in the preferences. I have turned off that feature.

Being a computer geek kind of guy, I like the idea of doing this from a technical perspective, but more from the "just to see if I could do it" viewpoint. Like others, I would use the knobs on the front to adjust the 'main' values, at least enough to get through a gig and then fix any major issues that occurred at home.

I do though encourage you to give it a go just to do it - you never know what that process might lead to. Not to mention you would get another level of familiarity with the unit itself.

Good luck!

Thanks for the feedback everyone. You all made some really good points. I'm considering shifting my focus from making something that can edit parameters, to something that can display a label next to each footswitch (i.e. "Scribble Strips"). There is a sysex message that lets you poll the footswitch labels, so I already can access this information. The only question is whether I can make it inexpensive enough to be worth it (screens aren't cheap!). Let's say, for argument's sake, I could add a basic display to each of the 8 main footswitches that automatically displays the assigned labels for around $200 - $300, do you think that would be a good value?

Thanks for the feedback everyone. You all made some really good points. I'm considering shifting my focus from making something that can edit parameters, to something that can display a label next to each footswitch (i.e. "Scribble Strips"). There is a sysex message that lets you poll the footswitch labels, so I already can access this information. The only question is whether I can make it inexpensive enough to be worth it (screens aren't cheap!). Let's say, for argument's sake, I could add a basic display to each of the 8 main footswitches that automatically displays the assigned labels for around $200 - $300, do you think that would be a good value?
Do some searching here for "DIY controller".

Someone has already provided some good info on displays, etc... They are surprisingly cheap!

Edit:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/diy-midi-amp-knobs.127530/

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/diy-axe-fx-foot-controller-for-50-open-project.119882/

I'm auditioning the AX8 and a Helix right now to decide which to keep and I think there are some definite tweaks to the on-device editing that Fractal could borrow inspiration from the Helix on that would remedy this type of device unnecessary or at least less so.

That draws much more my attention and interest. Especially if the letters will be big enough. Of course it should be simple to install it, otherwise simple "stickers" would do the trick (although not dynamic).

Back
Top Bottom