AX8 Tutorial and free patch (without reverb)

Marco Fanton

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Hello to everybody,
I create a Tutorial to use AX8 without reverb
This could be an interesting topic for save CPU and obtain a sound with more presence in the mix.
Unfortunately the tutorial is in Italian, my English is not good, but you can download the patch and try it.
Of course I am available for any question.

Attachments

• Marco FAS1.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 63
Sounds great.... Just wish I could understand what you're saying Marco!

Will have to get my Dad to translate.

In the meantime I shall enjoy trying the patch you kindly shared, from what I can see in the video there are a few new ideas I can try if nothing else.

Hi Davus, Thank you very much.
I was thinking to make the english version (even if my english is ital-english) but I suppose in the web you can find tons of very good tutorial made by native speaker.

In any case don't hesitate to ask me some parts you are interested, I can explain here ;)
If you try the patch and change the scenes you can undersand better what I mean :)

Hi Davus, Thank you very much.
I was thinking to make the english version (even if my english is ital-english) but I suppose in the web you can find tons of very good tutorial made by native speaker.

thank you for the preset Marco,i think if your english its not good you can add subtitles to your videos,too many people do that when they speak in another lenguage.

Thank you Marco.
This translation is from Google Translate. Not perfect, but helps.
I'm Marco Fanton I want to talk about fractal ax8 and in particular of this of this worst of this ear that I composed is that among other things You can find in my site www.marcofanton.it in section a. fractal in this lines There are some tricks that I want to share with you First we start from the fact of the science of reverberation you see that in this week there is not the reverberation that has been replaced by down the Lane or rather a series of The lei this for two main reasons before or to save resources if it rains said that the lines are very rich and are at 80% of CPU being able to use several multidrive blocks that are usually blocks that consume because several resources according to Why we say in using live reverb seems an effect Let's say that it can also create problems problems of sound presence and sound floor of the guitar inside a band Let's say that usually the reverberation is already provided with the environment at best you can give it just to color the sound sends to the desk So I prefer as they do the rest many other sti do not have it right in my in my Rick is a matter of taste then who you will be judging yourself according to what I will make you feel as you see so let's say my configuration starts from the left with the compressor equal volume Fazer Drive the block app lock Cabinet an equalizer which then I will go on to explain why we have a volume block that serves to I use it as a taste to give substantially a 2.8 types for the solos And then let's say sections effects that I always put after the Cabinet the effects section is all in parallel this because we say is a derivation from the fact that it was the same configuration that I used when I used the Rec and then I prefer to keep them all in parallel to do this but you need some precautions Then first the fact that the mix and all the effects except the Chorus iqos that remains let's say as you do, as you see in the mix at 37% others 100% pearl friends adjust their intensity So I'm going to work only on the signal made with the quad
2:55
what level is a very important thing when you use this configuration is Enable the bypass Mode in minutes fxn not intrum because within it would happen that the direct signal Goes anyway in the block goes to add to the signal already present so you will find a volume surge When you go to disable the block itself so it is very important is that my defix is selected in is taken not the car because in this way you keep the queues when the de turns off if you put the Freak Out instead as soon as you put the lock on the tail she stops abruptly Ok then you do the effect so-called spillover effect this line is a closed lines live and is also characterized by having a whole series of scenes ok In fact I usually like I'm live with a friend Rick and I'm going to change the scenes so you'll see how second it was. of the scene configurations I'm going to wait for the various blocks we start from the first sound that in the scene number 6 which is a normal Clean
4:14
subito.it is right to make you feel the effect Let's say that Drive this Teleco sounds immediately that there is a certain spatiality a certain environment so it would seem that there was reverberation reality there is not this because Because I use it very often for this type of effect a stereo tape Delay Where is the repetition is darker than the original signal Ok in this way the sound we say made is very different from the original signal there is no overlap does not sound does not mix and more creates this effect let's say let's say environment much more much more accentuated than one of the 11.00 from the Entrate another very important thing and now I'm playing in Stereo typically the risk value I have of repetitions imposed on its 85% in this way otherwise I would have a single repetition we say it absolutely reduces the opening of the Sport Sound 85 child according to needs 80.51 proper name
6:00
Ok so let's say the environment is still guaranteed by the lej alone felt a little 'present but in fact then when you play with the bandage And you will see that we say the repetition will not be will not feel so very very important then adapt the course level so with the control level not as a control mix the neck of the shoulder to your need what you can do directly from the interface dx8 Ok very well Let's see the other other values we have the toilet you in this case chose one of the Cabinets that are already present in the library The Clean in this case has guaranteed me say in the app block from one that is for me the most beautiful climate that the cyberclean Ok I have to see example What happens if I go to must with the scene number 5 ad enrich my sound by introducing for example that I turn off the tel is that I used before I turn on the coros Ok use a 4 Voice analogous use one of the longest then in that esto case to 523 that then found I'm going to check with the Tap tempo setting an Eighth always bet with the ratio 85% and among other things, I also add a multiply we put it later and above Now I turn off I make the difference from before
7:50
Ok I frankly do not feel much the need for reverb with a sound so if I go to also put many that she is a plex busty and I also go to add to Alessia this environment of Recchio with this type of effects so in this case then I created two scenes on the 6 that is a scene we say a lot Try almost just with a little 'affection
(continued in next post)

(next post)
9:11
Ok at dinner instead much richer that is this is the scene where I have an orange and in this case The only thing that changes was see the block of the amp step by y & x I turn off the compressor keep the volume volume equal But remember that it is controlled by of the pedal from the Mission Engineering that controls also we say in an alternative way then equal volume with the valois then in this case then eventually go to Peccioli disabled But one important thing is that as regards the sound Crunch you see that we say in the settings I associated the input first a scene control then the control of the first input is on the scene number 1 this because Because basically I want to give me the possibility to adjust the amount of saturation we say of the distorted sound in two modes either by adjusting the inputs left to turn on the bus that associated with control switch 1 control switch which is programmable by the scenes and also kept it available as a view and with a switch directly from the pedal board that if we go back in my go to hear the sound
11:08
because this case you have the tel and I need to create a slight ambient effect instead of the reverberation Then the scene two we saw. the Crunch in scene 34 we go to dinner 4:00 and I do something a little different you see the input Trim goes to much lower values and turns off the bust to do this how do I do that on the part controllers you see here I go in the scene control ok and you see that practically relative to each scene I can go to adjust that parameter has a value that I wish you believe that in fact in scene 4 that is highlighted in yellow the parameter is 8.1% that corresponds to the Dream more I said go to turn off the envelopes envelopes associated with the control number one So against the I find it here and see that precisely in scene 12 enabled in 3D is disabled as in scene 4 and so basically in this way I go to program control switch and say the scene commands relating to the scene I want to use in this case the sound that comes out of it
12:43
there is practically radically the appearance of the sound while maintaining the same amplifier and therefore without changing the say the mode of x & y and passing from a sound very loaded kick a sound Crunch is really very light almost Now used as how clean you see that to do this I had to use the counter switches and the scene in more I go to put an equalizer to go to recover a bit 'of loud sounds because the input before I did not use the input the hands we could because after we say the command Bright and then I keep more of the original sound, however, that is a decline in decline of Toni and above all Yes indeed I go to shut it down We even hope the course and it is she that we feel better the nature of this sound I keep the short gods only active If I go to turn off my equalizer...
14:24
in addition I'm going to also use to enjoy slightly sounds as clearly with a lowering the gainer even a little 'off the bus Cala and also the overall volume so I go to recover that 10:00 because I start directly on the equalizer control the equalizer goes to turn on when I go into the lower scene well to say with thought and the frequencies and sounds that I want Andrea to lose Reducing the Gain in this way would also be the scene 3 and the scene where the return on the amp block there is a ' other scene Where is this case for example I go to bring the first input to 50% 1 then to what you have in controlling 50% and I go to turn off the bust then another sound Crunch intermediate
15:37
I'm so You have noticed that there is no GAP audio that usually there is in the exchange xxx the amplifier substantially So if I do it now from the footswitch I heard you say to log you have more I go to dinner you're in the transition from 6 to 4 in this case is a beautiful four by two absolutely linear
17:35
ok and then say or the leader that in the scene number one in this thing in the book also turn on the drivers to give further Kane and I go to select the effects you want and in addition I also turn on the volume block which is simply as I said before a bust of 2.8 types to increase the volume of the Sound then I do again the passage of the various scenes so I start from scene 2 of the article I go to the scene leader 5
18:59
Ok well I hope we say everything is connected a Looper In the end this can also be removed to save a few points more CPU if needed but since we are here you see at 77% actually is not that you need too much see the configuration of the footswitch and this way also because I have a Midi expansion that advises me to change the scenes and then I can protect all the 8 free switches for the Realtime controls of the various Delights of the course of the multi of Fazer ideas of the Drive and of the volume of the bust that is what you find in this position and then it is really very very flexible Let's say that with this piece I do a whole live whole without ever having to change preset very well as I said you find it on my site and at what time and if you have questions are always available to you via e-mail via Facebook and forum, etc. and so on and thank you as always you 66 for the collaboration that I am given Ok M arco Fanton greets me I remember you the site www.marcofanton.it to the next hello
End

Back
Top Bottom