AX8 trick: improve "Preset List" readability

yek

Contact Fractal for your Custom Title
My eyesight gets worse with age. It's to be expected. It doesn't limit me, except for small things.

One thing that's small, is the screen on the AX8. Looking down, I have trouble discerning the titles of the 8 presets per bank, after pushing the Single/Sticky Preset switch.

So I've come up with this trick. Add a space to each consecutive preset name in a bank: preset 2 starts with one space, preset 3 with two, preset 4 with 3, and then start again.

Example below. Makes a hell of a difference.

Make sure to not add too many spaces, because it will roll the title off the screen when recalling that preset.

Variations are possible of course. For example start at the top with 3 spaces.

Even cooler would be the ability to automate this through a parameter “INDENT PRESET LIST: ON/OFF” in the Global menu! That would avoid the need to edit titles.

IMG_0885.jpg

Last edited:
My eyesight gets worse with age. It's to be expected. It doesn't limit me, except for small things.

One thing that's small, is the screen on the AX8. Looking down, I have trouble discerning the titles of the 8 presets per bank, after pushing the Single/Sticky Preset switch.

So I've come up with this trick. Add a space to each consecutive preset name in a bank: preset 2 starts with one space, preset 3 with two, preset 4 with 3, and then start again.

Example below. Makes a hell of a difference.

Make sure to not add too many spaces, because it will roll the title off the screen when recalling that preset.

Variations are possible of course. For example start at the top with 3 spaces.

Even cooler would be the ability to automate this through a parameter “INDENT PRESET LIST: ON/OFF” in the Global menu! That would avoid the need to edit titles.

View attachment 43121

Going to try that tonight!!! It's been a REAL problem for me because my eyesight is pretty bad now. The only thing I do reliably is have a set list on the floor in big font and make sure my presets are in the same order. Then I just change songs in order. I'd much rather be able to just read the presets on the AX8 from a standing position. I've thought about getting some sort of magnifying lens or maybe the FracPad so I can see where I'm at.

Thanks for the tip!

One other thought I had was to be able to have just 4 presets in a bank (option to change number, 4 or 8 per bank) and make the font larger on if you chose 4. Double the height would probably solve this.

^^^^^^^ I thought this was what was meant when I first read the OP , before seeing the pic.

Great idea @yek !!

These eyes ,.....da , da , ...da da da

Going to try that tonight!!! It's been a REAL problem for me because my eyesight is pretty bad now. The only thing I do reliably is have a set list on the floor in big font and make sure my presets are in the same order. Then I just change songs in order. I'd much rather be able to just read the presets on the AX8 from a standing position. I've thought about getting some sort of magnifying lens or maybe the FracPad so I can see where I'm at.

Thanks for the tip!
VOES mc10 pedal....works even with sunglasses

Back
Top Bottom