Ax8 Tone and Levels: Headphone X Live

guspiasecki

Hi there guys...
I'm currently building my Ax8 guitar tones and presets through headphone into a soundboard (all flat).
* It sounds AWESOME!
I got the unit for just about 4 months now. And because of this Pandemic Virus I still haven't had the chance to play it live yet.
I know for a fact that the tone, gain and volume levels changes A LOT when buildin them through headphones and than playing the same presets live and trought loud speakers.
I'm afraid that when I finally get up on stage to a live gig my tones, gain and volume levels sound different than what I built through my headpones, which I spent months and months making them.
I know the best way would be to build my tones at gig levels. But I live in a 2 bedroom apartment, I have no PA System at all, rehearsing studios are all closed, bars also. So I have no other way to use my Ax8 than at home the way I'm doing.
Now I ask of you, long time Ax8 users, what TIPS would you guys give me for getting closer to the tones, gain and volume levels of my already built presets? *Important: Using only what I have at home.
Another way to ask the same thing it would be like... What are the main differences between hearing my presets trought a headphone an then through a big and loud live PA system? And what can I do to minimize the fine adjustments that I will sure have to do on stage during soundcheck for example?

The ONE thing I know is this: Treble and Bass frequencies tend to increase and Mid frequencies tend to kinda get lost in the mix too, at loud volumes.

Thank you for your time 🙏🏻
Sorry for not expressing my ideas so properly, and my bad english too 😆

Attachments

• IMG-20200715-WA0523.jpeg
    IMG-20200715-WA0523.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
Hi. I do most of my setting up through headphones too which is not ideal but does get me in the ballpark , especially for modulation effects (chorus, delays etc.) What I find important is using the onboard VU meters to get uniform volume levels (press "shift", then "page" on the front panel).
You can easily tweak volume on stage by using the level knob. Best of luck and I hope you are gigging soon.

Back
Top Bottom