AX8 to control a Roland GR-55 thru midi

Victor8486

Hi guys, im new on AX8 and im wondering if i can use it to control patch changes on my roland GR55, since i use an Boss GT100 to do that, i cant get the patch change on the AX8 sends signal to change the patch on GR55, any ideas on how to do it?

Yes you can! Using Axedit, go under the MIDI section and assign the PC# to your program number by scenes. NOTE, when i programmed mine the exact program numbers didnt match, so youll have to experiment.

Thanks Cooler Denmost, actually im trying that but nothing change on my gr55 and midi cable is out from ax8 to in gr55, same channel, when i change scenes, nothing happens... any ideas? recommendations?

Thanks Cooler Denmost, actually im trying that but nothing change on my gr55 and midi cable is out from ax8 to in gr55, same channel, when i change scenes, nothing happens... any ideas? recommendations?

Ill break out mine later today and take a look with the patches i have set up.

It doest work for me, may be kind of stupid but midi cable goes from ax8 out to gr55 in right? And may be theres another setting on i/o on ax8?

Victor .were you able to get it figured out?.....I am deciding on the AX8 or AXE 3.....I would like to shrink rig and get a AX8 but not if it won't work with GR55

They need to be on the same midi channel. GR55 has a very noticeable lag between preset changes. I'd control it via AX8 if at all possible. I run the 55 into the III and control everything via Helix floor.

Thanks for the answer...Then would please explain me how to connect them in a proper way?I have both of them -AX8 and Roland GR55...I appologize for the stupid question...Thanks in advance...
If you want to control the AX8 from the GR55 the connection is simple:

GR55 midi out -> AX8 midi in

However, the setup beyond that is the harder part.

Assuming the GR55 transmits PC and CC midi messages by default, then simply putting both devices on the same channel will get basic control working. Most likely you want something beyond that and I have no idea what capability the GR55 has...

I suggest reading the manual...

Back
Top Bottom