AX8 + TC Electronics Mimiq

I have The Mimiq set up in the effects loop of my AX8. It definitely works as advertised. Gives a wide stereo separation. Sounds great when using the 1 dubs setting. The 2 and 3 dubs settings were too much for me. I did some basic recording and it sounded like 2 independently recorded tracks. I bought it mainly for live use but have not integrated it yet for that. I am still working on getting my basic live sound and don't want to complicate it too much yet.

I have The Mimiq set up in the effects loop of my AX8. It definitely works as advertised. Gives a wide stereo separation. Sounds great when using the 1 dubs setting. The 2 and 3 dubs settings were too much for me. I did some basic recording and it sounded like 2 independently recorded tracks. I bought it mainly for live use but have not integrated it yet for that. I am still working on getting my basic live sound and don't want to complicate it too much yet.

Thanks for the review. How do you compare it to the enhancer block? Would you like to share a clip?

I was able to get a wider and more pronounced stereo image with the Mimiq than I was able to get with the enhancer. But I didn't spend a lot of time with the enhancer. The Mimic can give you up to 3 additional copies of your guitar signal that are varied in pitch and timing from each other. But like I said I thought more than one was too much.

I have been curios about this pedal myself and saw that the mini version was released. Think you could you run it in front of the AX8 instead of the loop and have it still sound good?

I am currently running the TC Mimiq pedal with my AX-8 live now. I have experimented with it in the loop as well as having it be what goes between the AX-8 and my Matrix power amp. It's a very cool device. I have not jumped into the mini version yet. When my band has been playing live over the past month on our small tours I was mic'ing up my Port City cabs in stereo and the separation was amazing.

Now that needs a recording for us to see!
I am currently running the TC Mimiq pedal with my AX-8 live now. I have experimented with it in the loop as well as having it be what goes between the AX-8 and my Matrix power amp. It's a very cool device. I have not jumped into the mini version yet. When my band has been playing live over the past month on our small tours I was mic'ing up my Port City cabs in stereo and the separation was amazing.

I am working on it! Also, I can do a video of the AX-8 directly into my MacBook Pro and show the separation in the tracks. I travel for work and when I drive, I can bring a guitar and my AX-8 and set up in my hotel room. I have time tonight so I'll try and throw that together.

I am working on it! Also, I can do a video of the AX-8 directly into my MacBook Pro and show the separation in the tracks. I travel for work and when I drive, I can bring a guitar and my AX-8 and set up in my hotel room. I have time tonight so I'll try and throw that together.
Nice!

Back
Top Bottom