AX8 suddenly loses all low end

So I play my AX8 on a preset, and after a short while it looses all low end and start to sound fizzy! I change to another preset and change back again immediately and all is normal again. And then in starts again!

Anyone know what it can be?

Does this happen when changing presets in the AX8 itself, or when switching via AX8 Edit?

This occasionally happens to me but I associated it with AX8 Edit for some reason. Flipping presets and then back to the one I want usually fixes it.

No! It just happens while playing. It started yesterday, and never have been an issue before.

I´m updating the AX8 now and see if that helps. It would be nice to know what it is that causes it though :) Wouldn't want to stand in the middle of a gig and this happens :(

Could it be that there is a wah block with auto engage in the preset, and no expression pedal attached?

Happens on multiple standard presets like "Brownface" "Doubleverb" and others.

Even if I turn it on and leave the guitar just standing for a couple of minutes! It can't be the cable, when it fixes itself just by switching presets.

There is no auto wah in those presets either.

No active pickups either. Playing a Suhr Classic Antique.

Cab block I dont know about, but the presets are the factory presets and I haven't changed them?

Would system reset be an option for you to see, if that helps? Just remember to backup everthing. Other, than that there is always a possibility for a hardware problem. Eventhough it is very VERY minor % with Fractal units.

One last option I can think of is to install the firmware again. If something went wrong in the last installation what ever reason.

Check the cables going from the Ax8 to whatever your amplifying with. I had that same issue and it was a bad XLR running to one of my monitors.

There is no auto wah in those presets either.

Just to be precise, I did not mean 'auto wah' - If the factory presets contain a Wah block, it will usually be set up with auto engage. If you don't have an actual external pedal connected to ext 1, this sometimes causes the wah block to turn on and off randomly.

Reactions: yek
Just to be precise, I did not mean 'auto wah' - If the factory presets contain a Wah block, it will usually be set up with auto engage. If you don't have an actual external pedal connected to ext 1, this sometimes causes the wah block to turn on and off randomly.
Exactly. Delete any wah block in the preset, replace with shunt, and see if the problem goes away.
A wah block can be weird- If it's assigned to extern1 for instance, if there is a pedal that is not completely parked OR is slightly misregistered it can activate the wah. Also, if there is NO pedal plugged into extern1 it can see voltage irregularities at the extern1 input and read that as wah engagement.
Like Smit said above, autowah is a different conversation. :)

Thanks you all for the help! AWESOME forum here :)

Turns out there was a WAH block in the chain that I couldn't see because there was no assigned pedal for it on the display. So removed it now, and im pretty sure the problem is solved :D:D

So THANKS smittefar and Dendrite for pointing it out for me :oops::oops::p

Thanks you all for the help! AWESOME forum here :)

Turns out there was a WAH block in the chain that I couldn't see because there was no assigned pedal for it on the display. So removed it now, and im pretty sure the problem is solved :D:D

So THANKS smittefar and Dendrite for pointing it out for me :oops::oops::p

This one got me too when I first got it - awesome that you're back on your way to great tone.

I confirm the same exact thing as the OP. In the end, I had to remove the wah block (I never use wah anyway) from each of the factory presets. Which brings up a question: is there a "macro" or similar tool out there to run through all of the factory presets and shunt (or toggle, etc) a block?

I confirm the same exact thing as the OP. In the end, I had to remove the wah block (I never use wah anyway) from each of the factory presets. Which brings up a question: is there a "macro" or similar tool out there to run through all of the factory presets and shunt (or toggle, etc) a block?
FracTool has a batch setter although I haven't used it, so not sure if it could replace a block with a shunt.

I’d like to reiterate this point:

The main page is the Footswitch display. That could be completely blank, yet your preset still makes sound.

The Layout is more important, as that determines the blocks in the preset. Always look there.

Back
Top Bottom