Wish AX8 successor wishlist

I´m all in for a full-blown III in a floor unit, even if it has to be bigger than the AX8. I sure don´t need all the functionality, but I hate to be limited somewhere. No need for the knobs, thought I would use them but I never do. AX8-Edit all the way.
A better optical representation of scenes is needed, I often struggle to see which scene I´m in.

I like the knobs because, well, knobs. Seriously, even though I use Axe-Edit, sometimes I need to tweak something at practice or a gig and those knobs sure are convenient. And if we could assign them to other parameters... !

- Headphones out
- USB DI Output
- PRS Archon amp
- Ability to run 2 amps simultaneously
- Ability to name blocks, and display their names.

1. Much faster switching of presets and x/y states
2. USB audio interface
3. A physical back button

I can think of other changes, but if the the current AX8 had these, I wouldn't have gone back to my XL+

Austin

I don't know what the technical term is, but I want to be able to record via USB. Preferably with re-amping.

I can do this with my old Line6 X3!!!

It is the only reason I haven't bought an AX8 already.

I just want an easy to use UI. The editor is great but I find the physical controls the opposite of intuitive.

I'd love the ability to create at least 4, hopefully 8 set lists of "songs" containing eight presets. I tend to use presets far more than scenes, as I switch amp models for different tones. I'd also like more processor power, but using just one of the axe3's processors should solve that. A better screen would be great, and the ability to make the stereo FX loop into two mono loops when needed would make my list complete.

An USB Audio Interface with at least 4 inputs and 4 outputs with routing capabilities to enable reamping like the III. Channel concept from the III. Enough processing power to handle all III Blocks including the new reverbs and multiband compressors. Faster switching time between presets. Update: a USB Port to import/export custom preset/cabs from an USB Stick, like the Kemper. So one day you just could take your guitar and an USB Stick with your fractal presets to be ready for rehearsal or even gigs.

Last edited:
Extended midi capability, Bluetooth editor for tablet would be awesome. 9v power for other devices to feed off of. Honestly don’t care about a screen or scribble strips but it would enhance the visual experience.

1) USB 2.0 host [for audio]
2) Level incr/decr using bank switches
3) Headphone out w/ volume knob
4) 1/8” aux input or bluetooth audio streaming & editing
5) send 100% wet signal from Right output and 100% dry signal from Ledt output
6) scribble strips
7) connecting points on the sides of the chassis to lock exp pedals in place
8) true-bypass switching
9) Room Level, Room Size, and Mic Spacing parameters in the cab block (like in Axe2&3)
10) preamps in the cab block (like in Axe2 & 3)
11) Horizon Precision Drive
12) Klon (or the best clone)
13) VCA compressor, Distressor, SSL Bus compressor
14) physical case or cover that reflect So fractal quality
15) Zoom Tri-Metal
16) 5-band multiband compressor with metering for all bands
17) tuner strobe LED’s all the way across the AX8, between the two rows of foot switches, that can be enabled all the time or by muting the output
18) tone matching
19) boost update in the amp block from the Axe3
20) Boost block: TC Spark, Xotic EP Booster, Katana, etc
21) even sturdier handle that is built to be grabbed
22) at least two more switches

1) USB 2.0 host [for audio]
2) Level incr/decr using bank switches
3) Headphone out w/ volume knob
4) 1/8” aux input or bluetooth audio streaming & editing
5) send 100% wet signal from Right output and 100% dry signal from Ledt output
6) scribble strips
7) connecting points on the sides of the chassis to lock exp pedals in place
8) true-bypass switching
9) Room Level, Room Size, and Mic Spacing parameters in the cab block (like in Axe2&3)
10) preamps in the cab block (like in Axe2 & 3)
11) Horizon Precision Drive
12) Klon (or the best clone)
13) VCA compressor, Distressor, SSL Bus compressor
14) physical case or cover that reflect So fractal quality
15) Zoom Tri-Metal
16) 5-band multiband compressor with metering for all bands
17) tuner strobe LED’s all the way across the AX8, between the two rows of foot switches, that can be enabled all the time or by muting the output
18) tone matching
19) boost update in the amp block from the Axe3
20) Boost block: TC Spark, Xotic EP Booster, Katana, etc
21) even sturdier handle that is built to be grabbed
22) at least two more switches
5) You can do that with the AX8 today.

21) The handle on the AX8 is sturdy enough to stand on, and it's built to be grabbed. I do it all the time.

Back
Top Bottom