Ax8 - Stand Alone or Pedalboard?

Ax8: Standalone or Pedalboard

• Standalone, love the small footprint and portability

Votes: 51 45.9%
  • Small Pedalboard: easier to have everything connected

Votes: 49 44.1%
  • Big Pedalboard: don't care about the extra weight!

Votes: 11 9.9%

• Total voters
I really like the ability to check the tuning of all strings with one stroke (polytune). Also, the AX8 tuner requires me to press and hold to activate the tuner. I often need the instant mute (could also be set )

I just got the temple audio duo24 and it's perfect. So far have the ax8 and ev1 mounted and have maybe 2 or so more inches of wiggle room. Gonna add in a mini expression knob for volume and that's probably about it. It's not fully setup yet but I'm really looking forward to just plugging cables into the board and leaving all the ax8 connections alone. I'll be so much more likely to bring my ax8 home from the practice space now.

I was ok with just having it in the floor, but I actually like it being lifted an inch or two and angled a bit, plus being able to pick the whole board up and move it to a different spot in the space easily.

I use a Pedaltrain Classic 2.

I have the AX8, mini-expression pedal, TC Stereo Ditto and a King of Tone (which I have before the AX8) - fits great and makes it much easier to carry, have a small patch-bay at the top of the board so all plugs in one place.

Over time the KoT might go, but I've just got it - so it's nice to use it, and it's handy because a couple of my guitars are very impedance sensitive and the KoT has the buffer option. And I can use it as a dual boost for the same guitars (saves me changing patches).

I just got the temple audio duo24 and it's perfect. So far have the ax8 and ev1 mounted and have maybe 2 or so more inches of wiggle room. Gonna add in a mini expression knob for volume and that's probably about it. It's not fully setup yet but I'm really looking forward to just plugging cables into the board and leaving all the ax8 connections alone. I'll be so much more likely to bring my ax8 home from the practice space now.

I was ok with just having it in the floor, but I actually like it being lifted an inch or two and angled a bit, plus being able to pick the whole board up and move it to a different spot in the space easily.

Sorry to hijack (sort of).

Hi! Is there a way you could please tell me whats the total height of the temple board plus de AX8 on top? I´m thinking myself on following the duo 24 route (been using the AX8 standalone for now), but am looking at the transport options i have at hand (and am not sure if duo24+ax8 will fit height-wise).

Thank you!

Sorry to hijack (sort of).

Hi! Is there a way you could please tell me whats the total height of the temple board plus de AX8 on top? I´m thinking myself on following the duo 24 route (been using the AX8 standalone for now), but am looking at the transport options i have at hand (and am not sure if duo24+ax8 will fit height-wise).

Thank you!

It's kind of hard to tell but I think it's right at 6"

I roll with this because it's my "A" rig and life is too short to roll with your "B" rig all the time. lol.

q6emcwT.jpg

No problem. I just stuck a ruler behind it and eyeballed to the top of the kick bar, so if it's a close call it's probably worth a more precise measurement.

I use an AX8 with an exp pedal and that's it. Since my wireless is the XVive, no need for a pedal board for me. Really happ with my setup. Has been that for a year.

Been thinking about this for awhile now. Currently, everything just gets put into a small suitcase (wheeled) and assembled at practice or gig. No issues so far but assembling a board would make things more convenient.

Back
Top Bottom