AX8 Serial Number Sticker

Plexi12xxx

Anyone else have trouble with their SN sticker curling up and trying to fall off. No biggie - I have some Loctite Peel and Stick that will affix it for good. This unit is amazing. I have about 7 hours so far and have not even scratched the surface. Trouble is that I lose track of time playing with different cabs, presets, and messing around with the amp deep parameters and my wife has to wack me back to reality.

Problem with these units are that I spend more time dialing in and fucking with tones than playing, because I can. Then when I build the perfect tone, I start all over again with a new preset. Sometimes I actually play for a few minutes without tweaking, but that's boring. LOL

They have so much flexibility built in, it's hard NOT to tweak each time you pickup your axe!

YES, to the OP. My serial sticker has looked like that since new. A really stupid way to attach a serial # on such a pricey piece of gear. It’s not a given that everyone is gonna keep their units forever but no buyer will be interested in one that looks “shady”. But yeah, AX8 tones still rock ...

YES, to the OP. My serial sticker has looked like that since new. A really stupid way to attach a serial # on such a pricey piece of gear. It’s not a given that everyone is gonna keep their units forever but no buyer will be interested in one that looks “shady”. But yeah, AX8 tones still rock ...

My thoughts exactly. Maybe a small aluminum plate riveted to the bottom with etched SN.

Mine must be battle-worthy. Still on the unit. I keep the serial numbers of all my gear in an Excel spreadsheet. Justin Case.

With regard to what @SteveW said, I absolutely get that. Practice time seems to be part playing and part tweaking. I no longer practice... I fractice. Thankfully, I have not been tweaking as much lately. I like my presets as they are so I mostly play. I guess now I practal.

Mine must be battle-worthy. Still on the unit. I keep the serial numbers of all my gear in an Excel spreadsheet. Justin Case.

With regard to what @SteveW said, I absolutely get that. Practice time seems to be part playing and part tweaking. I no longer practice... I fractice. Thankfully, I have not been tweaking as much lately. I like my presets as they are so I mostly play. I guess now I practal.
I fracturbate.

One might reasonably expect that an expensive (apt to be insured) computer-based device might have the serial number electronically “burned” into the boot ROM or some other hardware-permanent location?

My iPhone does...

One might reasonably expect that an expensive (apt to be insured) computer-based device might have the serial number electronically “burned” into the boot ROM or some other hardware-permanent location?

My iPhone does...

It's a question of whether the device might play a role in a criminal act. Thinking about it ... some bands and their music actually qualify to fall into this category.

same for mine, right out of the box the serial number sticker curls up on one side.
Honestely I do not care about that, because this peace of gear rocks :guitar:, but for sure there are more options to label a unit like this.
Just my 50 cents....

They should at least use a permanent label material. Mine fell off right aways as well. Luckily I found it on the floor. When you call any support department the first question is "what is the serial number".

I agree with the quality of the unit however. I spent so much time fiddling with it I almost forgot how to play guitar.

Mine fell right off when I took it out of the box. I tried several times to stick it back on but the finish on the AX8 is like a teflon pan coating...nothing sticks! So I just stuck it to my laptop so I wouldn't lose it and so far it hasn't fallen off.

Back
Top Bottom