AX8 Reverting back to factory settings on it's own...

powerslave88

Inspired
Well....sort of...

So today my AX8 started doing a weird thing. I have it set up so footswitches 1-4 are scenes 1-4 and 5-8 are drive, delay, chorus and filter. F3 is scroll down presets, F2 scroll up and F1 is the tuner and tap tempo.

Everything working fine and then I turned it off. When I switched it on again later, my presets are still there BUT F1, F2 and F3 have reverted back to their functions when bought brand new (so F3 tuner, F1 preset screen etc). Not only that, but my footswitch assignments are now all blank in the LCD screen as if I haven't assigned anything. But like I say, my presets are still there.

Also the LCD screen is a bit lined and jaded, the contrast is half way and when I bump it all the way up then the LCD screen is fine...but when it reverts back to this weird half factory state it goes back to jaded.

Thought I'd fixed it when I took my presets off and deleted them, restored factory settings, updated the firmware and then reimported my presets and reassigned everything. Worked fine after turning it on and off a few times. Just gone back to it now and it's done the same thing again.

Any ideas chaps? I am perplexed!

Thanks so much for the speedy reply there Yek

So, just to make sure I've understood correctly, if I reassign the switches back to what I want them to be and leave it all powered on for a chunk of time that should hopefully solve it?

Just take care to not immediately switch off the unit after changing global parameters, that's all.

Funny thing is, beforehand (after I'd "fixed" it) I switched it off, came back to it and it was fine for a good couple of times. And initially when the problem started I hadn't actually altered any global parameters, it just kinda happened!

Anyway, I'll see how I go with this and report back!

Back
Top Bottom