AX8 restarting when I hit a footswitch? wtfff

jazzgtrl4

Experienced
OK so last night at my gig, ya i know what is that a gig!? anyway all of sudden this intermittent problem started happening..switch F3 is my boost switch and when i hold is Tuner..anyway i go to take a solo and hit the button, the whole unit restarts!? wtff. thought it was my imagination or maybe the power cord came out a little. So it restarts and i start playing..happens again, and then again...tried a different switch to activate a block "5". thinking maybe the switch has some short or something....nope..the other switches restart the unit as well.? I even went to another preset and it did the same thing..im running firware 10.00. So today i backed up the unit completely. its on now and ive been playing with it trying to get it o reproduce what was happening. Anyone else have this happen? would it be some sort of power issue? i used it the night before at a gig and it was flawless!

Last edited:
Never had that issue, suggest another power cord, open up the unit and ensure all ribbon cables are connected, or better yet, reseat them. If you are in a humid area maybe contact spraying all connections.

Never had that issue, suggest another power cord, open up the unit and ensure all ribbon cables are connected, or better yet, reseat them. If you are in a humid area maybe contact spraying all connections.

Ok, it."looks" like i figured it out. Ok so i live in the CA desert, Hot, wind, sand, dust..equals dried out pots and switches!!! I took contact cleaner and cleaned every switch , just sprayed it in there and massaged the switches...i had it on last night and then a couple hours today and it has not restarted yet..(Knock on wood) and i have been randomly hitting all switches. Funny thing is i know about the dried out switch scenario here and didnt think that would be doing it, but this unit needed to be cleaned forsure..years of outdoor gigs, direct sunlight ..it has kicked ass actually! i couldn't believe this happened but hopefully i got it figured out. thanks

I’m in Costa Rica, play on the ocean, contact spray is in my gig bag. 3in1 light dab on the foot switches I use.
spray and wipe cables constantly.
debating a battery backup as most locations have bad power and power outages constantly

Last edited:
Ya i still have the same problem,,even worse/.there is a short in this unit so its going back to fractal.. when you tilt/pick up the unit it turns off and on..

Back
Top Bottom