AX8 reset while off?

I was just setting up for a soundcheck for tonights show when I noticed the AX8 had changed some of my settings (disabled X/Y among other things) and is showing me the preset name on the whole screen when I change presets. All my patches are still there, but it's still weird that it behaves like this. Came straight from a rehearsal to the venue. Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone know how to turn off the "preset change message" that takes over the screen for like a second? Because I really don't need to see that.

Re the preset name display, try: Setup -> Global -> Display Large Preset. I think the default is 2 seconds, but you can set it to "NO"

Thanks!

After setting it up correctly again (no x/y, switch on downstroke etc.) I soundchecked with it and turned it off, and my settings were wiped yet again. Think this will sort itself out if I update the firmware?

I think so, I've tried it a couple of times. Just annyoing to have to do it during the changeover... I'll probably sort it out sooner or later.

After making changes to the AX8 that effect your global settings, wait a few seconds before shutting the unit off. The settings are saved automatically, and depending on the CPU load, this may take a few seconds. If you manage to power the unit off while it is saving the settings, they can be corrupted. On power up the unit will detect this, and use the factory defaults.

Good to know, but unfortunately it didn't help. My settings are wiped on startup anyway. I'm going to update to the latest firmware and see what happens

Good to know, but unfortunately it didn't help. My settings are wiped on startup anyway. I'm going to update to the latest firmware and see what happens
That sounds like you should contact support.

I'm a new fractal ax8 owner and my head is spinning. is there a way to choose an amp and use it's clean channel on say footswitch a and it's dirty channel on switch b?

I'm a new fractal ax8 owner and my head is spinning. is there a way to choose an amp and use it's clean channel on say footswitch a and it's dirty channel on switch b?
you should probably start your own thread with its own topic. but you need to think of the Amp Models as "separate" even if they are different channels of the same amp.

to answer your question, yes. there are a few ways. one way is to create different Presets, each one designed with the channel you want. then you change Presets to change amp sounds. this is the way most digital devices work - each Preset is a different sound.

you can also use the XY function of the Amp block.

i would highly suggest you watch this video that i made a while ago - it's for the Axe-Fx II, but most of it applies to the AX8. you need to understand how these different things work in order to get the most out of your AX8. it's simple, but just new concepts:

Back
Top Bottom