Ax8 Reamping

sighborg

Hello everyone!

New AX8 owner. I recently switched from the Kemper to the AX8, certainly enjoying the transition. However, I am having a lot of difficulty getting the reamping process going. I was also surprised by the lack of information out there (Ie: YouTube, AX8 manual etc.) on the subject of reamping.

I am using Line Output 3 of my Saffire Pro 26 into Input 2 of the AX8 and SPDIF out (AX8) into the SPDIF In (Saffire).

I recorded the audio 48khz and made sure the routing is set in Saffire Mixcontrol, yet all I am getting is a large hum OR sporadic clicks from the SPDIF. (See Attached Photos)

Is there something i am supposed to adjust on the FX loop block?

At this point I would sacrifice a few FX for a dedicated SPDIF IN on the AX8.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank You.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-19 at 1.40.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-19 at 1.40.30 AM.png
    419.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Screen Shot 2017-04-19 at 1.41.28 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-19 at 1.41.28 AM.png
    545 KB · Views: 16
  • Screen Shot 2017-04-19 at 1.42.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-19 at 1.42.05 AM.png
    57.2 KB · Views: 10
Did you check/adjust Input 2 level on the AX8?

Do you have the AX8 analog outputs connected to anything for monitoring? If there's signal at the SPDIF output, there should be signal there too.

You should also set Saffire sync source to SPDIF, but that may not fix the issue described.

Did you check/adjust Input 2 level on the AX8?

Do you have the AX8 analog outputs connected to anything for monitoring? If there's signal at the SPDIF output, there should be signal there too.

You should also set Saffire sync source to SPDIF, but that may not fix the issue described.

Thanks Bakerman,
I now am able to record the signal from Main Output 1 (XLR) and able to adjust the volume of the reamped track with OUT 1 knob.

The FX are being recorded but the newly recorded sounds like the DI with FX only (the reamped patch is a distorted tone?

When reamped through INPUT 1, the signal is clear (no added noise). When the signal is processed through INPUT 2 there is alot of noise added.

Back
Top Bottom