AX8 Price Point - At what price do you get upset?

Is it crazy to think that Cliff might have wanted to see people's thoughts on pricing bantered about on forums for a while before finalizing his decision on the selling price?

Not that it really matters, but the last day of summer is a specific date. It was September 22.

No, this depends...
autumn starts
Meteorologically speaking - September 1
Based on the calendar - September 21
Phenologically speaking - when certain plants get rid of their leaves.
Last not least: when I say so :))
0h, I forgot: We're talking northern hemisphere. Fellow musicians in Brasil will have their AX8 in spring. Too bad if Cliff should be living there.

Not that it matters...

But if you say it's name 3 times in the dark into a mirror it will appear from the netherworlds and suck your tone!

Bloody Mary & Candyman gots nothin' on the Hel- ahhhh, almost got me to say it!

What about Biggie Smalls? ;-)

Also, this thread was about the price of the AX8 compared to the FX8. Not the Helix. Also, when comparing to Helix, remember that $1499 is MAP. Some got 20% off. I'm not sure if Line 6 is an A mark, but dealers may be paying 50% of list price. Though list isn't shown on sites I've seen. Potentially, dealers could be paying only $750 for a Helix.

Cliff's direct sales mean every dollar goes to Fractal. Purchases through foreign distributors may be marked up for the middleman's cut or Cliff may sell those units at a discount. But L6 will receive fewer dollars per unit than Fractal.

I am guessing it is 1900-2k. Yes I said it. Let's not forget there is no longer a Mark II so if you want the rack mount Axe it must be the XL+ which is 2500 when not on sale plus a you need a foot switch

Price speculation doesn't accomplish a thing. Guess all you want it will be what it is when we all find out, and to quote Cliff he said "Aggressive pricing" for whatever that's worth.

Dude, what´s so hard to understand? Thomann is one of the biggest dealers in Germany. First relaese date on their website was some time around September 20. Then postponed to October 5. Now Thomann informed their customers they were informed by line 6 its going to be likely October 30. Why do I know this? Because I ordered it.
I would be very surprised if the warehouses in Cali or the Netherlands had it earlier. By the way, read my post: did I say something about someone missing end of summer or something? End of summer is in the eye of the beholder, not a certain date. I was on the FX8 waiting list for nine monts, so waiting a few weeks for the other guy is fine with me.

Turns out 1.0 is being installed this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, this thread was about the price of the AX8 compared to the FX8. Not the Helix. Also, when comparing to Helix, remember that $1499 is MAP. Some got 20% off. I'm not sure if Line 6 is an A mark, but dealers may be paying 50% of list price. Though list isn't shown on sites I've seen. Potentially, dealers could be paying only $750 for a Helix.

Cliff's direct sales mean every dollar goes to Fractal. Purchases through foreign distributors may be marked up for the middleman's cut or Cliff may sell those units at a discount. But L6 will receive fewer dollars per unit than Fractal.

a-marks don't get the dealer 1/2 price at MAP, more like 1/2 at retail. usually 30% profit or so at MAP.

i'd guess Helix costs dealers around $1000 per unit.

Just ordered a helix the other day. 8 payments, no interest. That, plus wider availabilty will have L6 outselling AX8 20-1 or more.

Still, there isn't a price for AX8 that would upset me. Manufacturer sets price, we decide whether we buy. Case closed.

I originally was planning on buying AX8. I rely heavily on Variax so Helix has huge advantage to me. Still, I recommend AX8 over FX8 to lots of people and do not rule out getting Ax8 at some point.

Just ordered a helix the other day. 8 payments, no interest. That, plus wider availabilty will have L6 outselling AX8 20-1 or more.

Still, there isn't a price for AX8 that would upset me. Manufacturer sets price, we decide whether we buy. Case closed.

I originally was planning on buying AX8. I rely heavily on Variax so Helix has huge advantage to me. Still, I recommend AX8 over FX8 to lots of people and do not rule out getting Ax8 at some point.

But you didn't buy an FX8 which is the premise of the original question. For those of us who paid $1349 for the FX8, at what price point for the AX8 do we feel upset that we paid too much for what we received in comparison. Perhaps there will be enough differentiation between the products that they cant be compared, but maybe not.

I am guessing it is 1900-2k. Yes I said it. Let's not forget there is no longer a Mark II so if you want the rack mount Axe it must be the XL+ which is 2500 when not on sale plus a you need a foot switch

This makes the most sense. Priced somewhere in between the FX8 and Axe-Fx XL.

Either way, there is a market for all 3 FAS processors. Requests for the floorboard unit go back years, and it will be a more cost-effective solution for those who gig with their Axe. The FX8 makes perfect sense for those who don't want to use amp modeling.

Sure, there's more competition out there now with the Helix, but FAS won't lose their share of the marketplace, at all.

Pricing is about to be announced (surely, at the amp show), so no worries.

I´d say "agressive" means, that people who would normaly choose the Helix or the Kemper plus FC would go for the AX8, which means it´ll be between 1400-1800.
As far as I understood the FX Section of the AX8 is less sophisticated than the FX8 so there´s no problem in selling them for more or less equal prices - though it would be very generous to sell it for under 1400,- :)

But you didn't buy an FX8 which is the premise of the original question. For those of us who paid $1349 for the FX8, at what price point for the AX8 do we feel upset that we paid too much for what we received in comparison. Perhaps there will be enough differentiation between the products that they cant be compared, but maybe not.

I was on the list for FX8. When I heard about AX8, I lost interest in FX8. Pretty sure anyone that bought the FX8 already knew about AX8. So why get upset?

It's 2 different products with different capabilities! IIRC the FX8 has the effects capability of the AxFx ,no amp modeling! For those wanting effects only for their real amps! AX8 is a scaled down version of AxFx Less power, less effect capability , amp modeling , for those not necessarily needing all the power of the AxFx, but the simplicity and ease of use of a floor unit! Man folks can create a hole to fall in !!! I wouldn't expect much difference in price for the AX8 than FX8 , if anything maybe less!

Bottom line is it will be what it is ! Cliff will make it as affordable as possible as with everything he produces ! why get all worked up over it????

Back
Top Bottom