AX8 Price Point - At what price do you get upset?

DavidE

Power User
AX8 Price Point - As an FX8 buyer, at what price do you get upset?

We all paid $1349 for our FX8. If the AX8 has all the same effects plus amp modeling, at what price do you get upset? There have been hints that people will be pleasantly surprised by the AX8 pricing. I know if it's $1349 I'll be pissed. If it's $1499 I might still feel like I overpaid for the FX8. No, I will feel that way.

I'm editing my post to add that this pre-supposes that the AX8 will work with an analog amp in 4cm without excess noise. While possibly not as seamless as the FX8, there seem to be a number of users who do this already.

If it can't, then the premise of my question is admittedly invalid.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Its not the same as fx8 plus amps, iirc there will be less effects on AX8. So my guess it should be the same price as FX8.

Its not the same as fx8 plus amps, iirc there will be less effects on AX8. So my guess it should be the same price as FX8.

I have not seen anything that said there would be less FX than the FX8. Less than the AxeII for sure, but nothing comparing it to the number of effects in the FX8.

I dont think I've seen it stated that there will be fewer effects than the FX8. Just fewer than the AXE. I would be surprised if there were fewer effects.

It seems the smartest thing for the release is just put it out there for sale without all the debacle mystery of the FX8 and let buyers start the process. If it gets released before the now infamous "H", then Fractal will end up reaping more sales than expected. After all, business is about making money with supply and demand. Let the sales commence!!!!

Since we are all guessing here, and I definitely want one........not to go to an amp though. but, I digress, I think the price will be pretty much the same as the fx8

Since we are all guessing here, and I definitely want one........not to go to an amp though. but, I digress, I think the price will be pretty much the same as the fx8

If the FX8 and AX8 and both pretty much the same price. Why would someone purchase the FX8?

Doesn't the AX8 have a second processor? More knobs and lights. More programming/engineering? There is absolutely no way it will be the same price as the FX8.

(Here is hoping I don't eat those words when price is finally announced)

I'm really curious about this too, as one of the first FX8 buyers. Cliff never mentioned anything about "aggressive pricing" regarding FX8 prior to it's launch. He did say that (or similar) about AX8.

Also, the FX8 was originally going to be built 100% in China, but at the last minute due to some kind of quality issues it was finished in the USA. Not sure of details, but as I recall the FX8 price wasn't announced til after that all happened.

Now I don't think we know where the AX8 is made, do we? If they sorted out the quality issues in China and it was made there it could be cheaper than we expect.

If the FX8 and AX8 and both pretty much the same price. Why would someone purchase the FX8?

I don't know, but I would think the fx8 is (more) for playing thru an amp, right? ax8 , with preamps, why would you want to run preamps thru an pre amp. I think if someone buys the fx8 it's because they like their amp and the sound.

we still have "no real idea" of a direct comparison between the 2--- I thought we were just speculating here?

Doesn't the AX8 have a second processor? More knobs and lights. More programming/engineering? There is absolutely no way it will be the same price as the FX8.

(Here is hoping I don't eat those words when price is finally announced)

Where did you read that? Was FAS? I haven't read that anywhere-I'd like to read this if you can point me to the fractal post about this. Also, I would love it if this were factual and I am not saying it is or isn't---.

Back
Top Bottom