Ytolyccuz

Inspired
Hi Guys,

I'm very new to FAS stuff. I'm just about to order an AX8 and I'm pretty much decided to use my H9 to alleviate some processor load from the AX8.

Is it possible to I can achieve this connection:

H9 stereo outs connected after the AX8 preamp section, with two output sections from AX8. One with the typical Full Range out for the PA, and the other set outs, without a cab sim, to be connected to the power section of one or two tube amps. It would also be great if I can set this connection to either mono or stereo depending if I bring in one or two amps.

Lastly, it would be a real cool bonus if there's a way I can use my mark v 25's preamp section with the H9. But with the H9 ins and outs that can be "positioned" just before the cab sim for reverbs, or even better, the ability to position the H9 anywhere after the mark v's preamp section.

Your help is much appreciated. Thanks!!!

The best thing with the AX 8 is that it has everything you will ever need....
Don't complicate things it doesnt always make things better....just more complicated

Not as unhelpful as all that. Note that the OP hasn't even ordered his AX8 yet.

Ytolyccuz, try without the H9 first. You might be surprised. I was totally paranoid about CPU problems based on some forum reading....then I got the unit and didn't encounter any issues.

Hi Guys,

I'm very new to FAS stuff. I'm just about to order an AX8 and I'm pretty much decided to use my H9 to alleviate some processor load from the AX8.

Is it possible to I can achieve this connection:

H9 stereo outs connected after the AX8 preamp section, with two output sections from AX8. One with the typical Full Range out for the PA, and the other set outs, without a cab sim, to be connected to the power section of one or two tube amps. It would also be great if I can set this connection to either mono or stereo depending if I bring in one or two amps.

Lastly, it would be a real cool bonus if there's a way I can use my mark v 25's preamp section with the H9. But with the H9 ins and outs that can be "positioned" just before the cab sim for reverbs, or even better, the ability to position the H9 anywhere after the mark v's preamp section.

Your help is much appreciated. Thanks!!!

OP-2 can be used in two different options, either as a separate output signal to drive a monitor or amp or as use for the effects loop for an outboard effect unit. As an effects loop it can be placed anywhere in the signal chain.

You have to use the (effects loop block) in order to send a signal to OP-2 this is how the signal gets there. At this point you have a choice to either use it as an effects loop or as a secondary signal output. It won't do both at the same time without another piece of outboard gear as already pointed out.

I don't recall the OP asking if he needed the H9, but that didn't stop any of the 3 un-helpful replies. (4 if you count mine)
The help is....don't bother! Stop tweaking and start playing! The ax8 has all you need and the h9 and the mobius isn't going to make things so much better it is worth the effort!

Ax8 is 4 out / 2 in (not counting instrunent in).

Allocate that across PA/MON/FX.

Hard to get stereo but you can do what you describe above in mono.

I'm trying not to need my H9, but if I do, I'll end up splitting OUT 1 and using one side as an FX send and the other as my main out.

IN2 will be piezo in and FX return.

Hi Guy,

Thank you for all the replies. It's good to know that the AX8's processor issues don't come up usually. I'll just have to wait for the AX8 and see for myself if I need to use my H9. I'll be back once I have my unit. Thanks again.

I don't recall the OP asking if he needed the H9, but that didn't stop any of the 3 un-helpful replies. (4 if you count mine)

I agree. The H9 is a very nice machine and it has its own sound. And you can argue if it's better or worse than the Axe fx or AX8 but that's highly subjective. There are some things that I like better from the H9 and other things I like better from the Axe fx. It can stand very well besides the AX8. You can use it in the effects loop. So don't sell your H9.

Last edited:
Searching the Forum pulled up this thread. I have a PT-3 Board and some extra space. Feeling the need to fill the top row. Was thinking of adding a H9 to the AX8? No problems with what I got with the AX8, just maybe add some heavy reverb/ambient stuff. Has anybody dropped in an H9? Maybe another reverb pedal? I have a Big Sky on my Atomic board my son is using currently. Not sure if I want to go that large of reverb pedal, it would not get that much use? Anybody add one of the MXR Reverb? Again, just adding to a good tone for over the top stuff.

I've got a Mobius and H9 max to use with the AX8. If I really jive with the AX8 (just delivered today) I will be using the Strymon and H9 with it and not selling them at all. There are way too many cool sounds in those boxes that I don't care to try and recreate with the AX8. I've got them why not use them?

I had full intensions of using a Timeline/Big Sky with the AX8. Agree, already had several things set how I liked in the Strymon pedals. I did however work at getting the delays I wanted out of the AX8. The effects are top notch in the AX8, really sound good. But, I have the real estate and wanted to fill it up with something I might use once in a while.

Simply one man's opinion but I was an Axe II user, tried the AX8, and I requested my RMA for it. Its a great unit, and a fantastic value, but it didn't do all I needed. I couldn't run the patches I wanted, I missed the bias tremolo, I missed the dual amp setups, and I missed the quick and easy USB reamp'ing.

People telling a complete stranger that the AX8 does "everything" they need is as absurd as my trying to tell an otherwise happy AX8 owner that it "won't" do everything they need. Everyone has totally different needs and we shouldn't pretend to know one way or another if something WILL or WILL NOT work for another.

Heck, it was damn hard enough spending a week trying to figure out if I wanted to sell my II, pocket some extra cash, have an easy to transport all -in-one rig, or stick with my II and some features that I did enjoy. That is speaking only for my own opinion, which I know better than anyone, because its mine, and I found it took a week of back and forth usage to decide.

Its quite frankly absurd that any member here can tell someone else what will or won't work for them based off one short message that talks nothing about needs, budget, style of music, how and when they play, etc.

The Rotary in the mobius I can't live without....but that's a luxury problem I could live with only the ax 8 and be super happy!

Well then, which is it ? Do you keep your Mobius (or get a Lex) because you can't live without it, or do you use just the AX8 because you could live with its rotary effect and be happy ?

If you still have your Mobius, then the second part of your premise is false, because if true, you would of sold it and happily used just the AX8 rotary. At the same time, if the first part of your premise is true, then you would still have it, because as you said, you can't live without it, and that would obviously mean it does something the AX8 can't to your ears.

Back
Top Bottom