AX8 pedalboard power supply

79_limited

Experienced
Has anyone had any success integrating your AX8 with a power supply on your pedalboard?

It was a piece of cake with my AxeII because it was rack mounted. I am finding it to be a challenge to integrate a power supply that can handle the Ax8 and a few 9v pedals so it is a clean install on a pedal board.

Any suggestions?

Perhaps I'm being dumb, but unless you're running a bunch of other pedals why not simply buy a nice but small power strip? I'm not sure if there's any that are quite as advanced as those rack power conditioners, but many contain filtering beyond simple surge protection.

EDIT: Nevermind, see you're powering pedals too.

I went with the PP2+ with some of the short low profile IEC cords. Going to try and power AX8, wireless, and tuner from the PP2+. Will see? Setting it up this weekend on a Flat Trailer Trash board.

@RunToTheHills the PP2+ has an aux female plug on it that you can plug the AX8 into directly using a standard IEC power cable.

@79_limited I use the Cioks Big John underneath my Temple 24 board. It has the same aux port as the PP2+ (although you need an adapter). Purely opinion but I think Cioks are better designed and have some small improvements over Voodoo supplies.

FWIW the PP2 courtesy outlet does not have any filtering nor surge protection on it, so be sure to plug it into a nice surge protector just in case:

"I must point out that the Courtesy Outlet on any Pedal Power unit has no filtering/regulating/protection of any kind and is simply an outlet connected directly to the mains AC power input jack. Likely the power strip you are using will provide some surge protection, however if you are simply powering wall wart type power supplies I would have to say that surge protection is not necessary. A typical wall wart power supply is a type of step down transformer... in this case stepping 240VAC down to 9 or 12VAC. A surge on the mains power would have to be amazingly huge to even slightly affect the stepped down output of a typical 9V or 12V power supply."

http://voodoolab.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2081

I went with the PP2+ with some of the short low profile IEC cords. Going to try and power AX8, wireless, and tuner from the PP2+. Will see? Setting it up this weekend on a Flat Trailer Trash board.
Make sure you check the milliamp draw of your wireless. I found out the hard way after I rewired my pedalboard before a show one time that my Line 6 G50 requires 300 milliamps not 200 like most other stuff.

I just got mine wired up with the PP 2+. The AC courtesy outlet is a great addition that most other power supplies do not have.

Pedaltrain Powertrain 1250 is what I use.

vFFdFwXDVg7UKRL6UUCPuimj4bhzRbwA2RyM4YAiTEaG3nvjowyxBJ1CAVaXt2cTGOL45Tp5k37QKHERjtWS9kapoOWD8iwdj6U9b9wbsnZlrE_dTo7TWRzxUZ7kG-N5MfLagaxEnqXeU7sP6Pzfldulu5HiBYsqYXjqOrblL_UOSwe98cL8667E7aMxJzJzzc6OqwBnFOxtDc2z5EeiNmfOVbTgfCl-BY6Cya2eSbRkMqlpM4YdPyNwp7c18veYRUQP2GS19d-GtNFdLXp2nGjgWt6uoiDqFXRJPok_qT0YJhhDgaoIrxLWG3CxQGpqkbgHZHq6qTrfeYgIwcUnqRhhG0PsLbFM1vGnKc1cEzItUekuKLqXCZwHizTGO3MmPi6i6cZrhvv3yIRFDCa8a2orVCo6MJ5oMxU-lqCne9wkk3LT3rXBnFtbnx-9q8L4-ZGUE0Ug68mPITDV-aDfQp5UPXqVh_F-N7NDyzCDPo6R6NL8I9gcT40rYask3_NUpomsUWdpcvy311F2RjCXNeYNnH8xvObwRvg31G5e4_nn0NF7kdb87wmP9iAKS3vQhmWPPCjtWAI55rp8Ce9ZX8OY0MOhvAQL=w1752-h864-no

Back
Top Bottom