AX8 Patch sample

Marco Fanton

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Hi guys, I like to share with you a tipical AX8 rig I use for live performances.
Questions and suggestions are welcome :)

Schermata 2017-04-04 alle 22.47.01.png

Attachments

• Schermata 2017-04-04 alle 22.47.01.png
    Schermata 2017-04-04 alle 22.47.01.png
    171.2 KB · Views: 48
It controls the Boost of both amps

Makes sense.. so you're using amp x/y? How is it working live? Any perceived gaps?

So far I've been using the drives on a clean fender-style amp butneould love to use the amps for crunch / lead. Experimented a lot but I'm still not happy with the lag.

Makes sense.. so you're using amp x/y? How is it working live? Any perceived gaps?

So far I've been using the drives on a clean fender-style amp butneould love to use the amps for crunch / lead. Experimented a lot but I'm still not happy with the lag.

I can say no gap! I suggest to keep the same delay and use the scenes controllers to handle parameters like Mix, Level etc.
I have a Toto tribute band, you know there are tons of clean dist changing and I have not any problem during live session.

Check this video, at 3:14 I change from shiva Clean to Bogner Ectasy Blu....

Exactly what Marco said. Scenes controllers allow you to have no gap in the audio.

In my experience switching x/y amp between scenes causes big audio gap...
This is why I'm now using presets

There is actually a pretty noticeable gap right at 3:14. Not saying that it's not manageable, but saying "no gap" is definitely not accurate.

Sounds great otherwise.

The gap you hear is caused because the backing track is given by Mac connected to FXloop input.
So you hear the backing track gap, I will make a more clear video ;) During a live session is better :)

Some tips from my side about this issue:
1) Disable Press & Hold functionality, so the scenes change immediately when you press the footswitch, not when released
2) Use the same Delay for all scenes, you can change the mix or level via Scene controllers
3) Set Echo Density on reverb to 4, this uses less CPUs

I can say no gap! I suggest to keep the same delay and use the scenes controllers to handle parameters like Mix, Level etc.
I have a Toto tribute band, you know there are tons of clean dist changing and I have not any problem during live session.

Check this video, at 3:14 I change from shiva Clean to Bogner Ectasy Blu....

Pretty awesome playing! Where did you get the backing track?

Hi, I use a rig similar to that of Marco, in some live use scenes and presets together .. the live gap is not audible .. I also compared ax fx2 I use for longer .. no gap with ax8 if well set up and Managed live.

Back
Top Bottom