AX8 Output L 2 noise

Claude M

Inspired
Hi guys.

I've had my AX8 for around 2 months. I'm running it into a Yamaha DXR10 which sounds great. Live I run Output 1 XLR L to mixing desk and Output 2 L jack to Yamaha DXR10. Last week at rehearsal, the speaker started farting and crackling and making all kinds of loud noises. I had a gig a few days later and though the farting and crackling sounds didn't come out at FOH, I heard them all night through my DXR.

I used the process of elimination and changed leads, guitars etc. I know it's not the speaker as I've run music through it and it's quiet. I've run Output 1 L XLR to the speaker without issue. I've checked all the I/o settings. I have a friend who has an AX8 and we ran his through my rig without issue, so I know it's Output 2 L of the AX8. I can't even get sound out of Output 2 R!

I have another gig coming up in a few days and I don't have time to have someone look at the unit so my question is this:
If I run Output 1 L XLR to FOH, can I run Output 1 R XLR (or jack) to my speaker and use the speaker volume knob for stage sound once I've set up the gain structure to the FOH with Output 1 Volume knob that I won't touch all night?

Back
Top Bottom