AX8 out of the box experience (updated with demo)

I just listened on my Genelecs. Eh, it sounds ok. You can definitely hear plenty of spots where the audio does the weird phasey thing when the iPhone mic auto attenuates.

I just listened on my Genelecs. Eh, it sounds ok. You can definitely hear plenty of spots where the audio does the weird phasey thing when the iPhone mic auto attenuates.
I just wanted to say great noodling, I really enjoyed that. The fast chicken pickin is cool to listen to.

Thanks! Jonesin even more for this thing! I agreed with you on the jumpered plexi until you got to the 100 watt...that's my jam. I will say however that while my tendency is to pick one amp and embellish it with fx, I think the AX8 is gonna cause me use LOTS of different amps! I just heard at least 20 that I like "out of the box!"

Thanks! Jonesin even more for this thing! I agreed with you on the jumpered plexi until you got to the 100 watt...that's my jam. I will say however that while my tendency is to pick one amp and embellish it with fx, I think the AX8 is gonna cause me use LOTS of different amps! I just heard at least 20 that I like "out of the box!"

This is no joke, I could gig with the factory presets as-is. I'd definitely want to tweak and create my own of course, but this is the first time I've ever opened up a modeler pedal and been able to say there are ready-to-go tones right out of the box for any occasion.

This is no joke, I could gig with the factory presets as-is. I'd definitely want to tweak and create my own of course, but this is the first time I've ever opened up a modeler pedal and been able to say there are ready-to-go tones right out of the box for any occasion.
I agree Tim. I just created my presets for next weekend, it was extremely easy. The new version of Axe-edit lets you save the individual blocks of a preset and puts them in a folder with the preset name. Then all you do in Ax8-edit is create the blocks like the ones from Axe-edit and drag and drop the individual files from the preset folder. Really simple. Man this thing is fun to play with.

I Finally had a chance to listen to the whole clip. Thanks for doing this video. Great job. And , nice playing. ;)

Last edited:
WhIle trying out different amps , we will all want to audition different cabs , - it'd be handy to assign the function buttons to ..... CAB MODE ? . F2 and F3 could be Bank up / Bank down for 8 cabs at a time on the footswitches , because hey , who doesn't want to try a bunch of different cabs - while playing ?
best to use AX8-Edit and the Manage function for this.

I totally expected to watch five minutes tops, but I ended up watching the whole thing. Nice walk through a lot of presets, great tones and smooth playing.

Please get me my unit ... like right now :)

yes great playing, amazing how many great guitar players around, yet we only ever hear of a few that have made it.

Yeah, Good playing Tim....

Totally... there are two guys here locally "Tommy O'Donnell and Trefan Owen" they play in a little Jazz-fusion-whatever they feel like quartet "Inktrail" and they are among the finest guitarists I've ever heard... educated... technically excellent... and most of all very interesting to listed too. I'm sure every major region has some unsung home town heroes. But these guys based on sheer talent.. should be on everyone's music rotation. But alas... that's just not the case. (Tommy is one of the most monster chicken pickers I've ever heard too.)

Back
Top Bottom