AX8 on TV

Larry Mitchell

Power User
this was broadcast yesterday morning but it was shot back in the first week of December. My first real run of doing my music with the AX8. All of the shows in November with it where sideman shows. Easy. :0) this on was a breeze to walk in with my double gigbag and small laptop case and pull out the AX8 and plug straight in and they all loved the tone.

Please excuse that first couple of notes and bend. It was 8am! There still isn't enough coffee I can drink to be able to play my best at that early in the morning. :0)

image.jpeg image.jpeg

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S4019203.shtml?cat=11121#.VppT769OKrV

Where's the "I really like this a heck of a lot" button! :cool:

Thx for sharing this Larry!

Peace! X

PS - I just love that you're running your backing tracks from your floor mounted iPhone too! :D

Sounds great! That has to be quite intimidating...it makes me nervous to consider playing under those conditions...then again you are a pro and I am not! :)

Thank you! I've tried many options for playing back tracks. There's a Digitech jam man pedal that's very cool I just haven't learned it yet. But for traveling very light I just use my phone. Or iPad. I always have it with me and they take up very little travel space. :0)

Hey Larry, it's Luis from Long Island... Sounds great..!! What are were you using to monitor what you were playing?

Last edited:
Hey Larry, it's Luis Long Island... Sounds great..!! What are were you using to monitor what you were playing?
Dude you really don't want to know!!! :) TV stations are really bad when it comes to Audio Not what goes out to the air but inside the studio and mixing board etc. I was coming out of a headphone Tap into my Little JBL iPhone Speaker!! I had to Not hum because i wouldn't here my playing or the track it was so quiet in there it was funny but every one else was quiet and really nice!

Dude you really don't want to know!!! :) TV stations are really bad when it comes to Audio Not what goes out to the air but inside the studio and mixing board etc. I was coming out of a headphone Tap into my Little JBL iPhone Speaker!! I had to Not hum because i wouldn't here my playing or the track it was so quiet in there it was funny but every one else was quiet and really nice!
Lmao !!! That's Rock and Roll !!! The show must go on whatever the circumstances !!!!

Sounds awesome Larry, smooth and flowing. Maybe someday you make it to the east I'll get to catch a live show. :)

ps: I'm still after your wah settings :)

NeoSound are you in Kentucky? We played Kentucky for about 2 years. Owensboro, Lexington and Louisville Could never get more than 30 people to come out. :) May try again Next Year.

NeoSound are you in Kentucky? We played Kentucky for about 2 years. Owensboro, Lexington and Louisville Could never get more than 30 people to come out. :) May try again Next Year.

If you make it back to those areas I will be definitely be there. Unfortunately instrumental music seems to have a larger following out west

Legend Mitchell!! Love your tone and songs dude! True Rock n' Roll through a JBL, that's awesome man. Heh heh! I listened to it through the first time and didn't even notice the bend you mentioned, altho I can imagine it must have been hairy trying to bend to the right pitch through that tiny little speaker.

Back
Top Bottom