AX8 now or later?

gman

Hi all. I just recently got on the waiting list for the AX8. Two questions:

1. Approximately when do you think a new version of the AX8 hardware will be released? Is buying the AX8 now still worth it, if a refresh is coming right around the corner? I'm not familiar with how soon Fractal typically releases new hardware. Although I've heard they're great with support and firmware/software updates.
  2. Approximately how long is the wait list?
I'm interested in the AX8 as a replacement for my Atomic Amplifire. The Amplifire is quite good, but I've heard the Fractal stuff is in another league entirely... just looking to upgrade my tones :)

Thanks!

No idea on a newer version of the AX8. If there were , there will be no indication - what so ever , until that very moment. Could be this afternoon ( not likely ) , or could be a few years from now. I believe someone said sales were better than expected.

I've had mine since it was released , and still have more to learn ( if wanted - but not necessary ). I have the amplifire as well. You are going to love the AX8. No regrets here.

1. Approximately when do you think a new version of the AX8 hardware will be released? Is buying the AX8 now still worth it, if a refresh is coming right around the corner? I'm not familiar with how soon Fractal typically releases new hardware. Although I've heard they're great with support and firmware/software updates.
I'm interested in the AX8 as a replacement for my Atomic Amplifire. The Amplifire is quite good, but I've heard the Fractal stuff is in another league entirely... just looking to upgrade my tones :)

Thanks!
The AX8 is great unit. Sounds wise equal to the Xl but with less features.
As soon as the axiii fc are out I’ll be seeking mine if you still are looking.

Not sure about the waitlist. They were in stock when I purchased mine. But go ahead and purchase. Even if they release a new one, you will still be good to go for several years.

Thanks!

I have Amplifire-Box and AX8 and while Atomic stuff is great indeed, the AX8 will be very nice upgrade.

I bought my AX8 during the winter sales and if they released an AX9 tomorrow, I wouldn’t be at all upset. The unit has made playing guitar so much more fun and I’ve learned so much about how to craft and shape tones. I continually get compliments on the tone now when I play out (coming from a pod hd500x)

I would get the AX8 now. It's a great unit, if the time comes that you feel you need to upgrade to a newer version, then by all means.

I doubt you would lose much selling an AX8 down the road.

If you need it, take it. Otherwise, wait. Because then, you'll be tempted to buy Cabs... and then you'll hear that fantastic Youtube demo, and therefore you'll want to buy the preset from the author... It's like a never-ending loop when the only thing that changes is your bank account amount.

I read this thread and it was exactly what I was thinking last week..I went ahead and got a barely used unit with some cool "extras" for about the same as I would pay for a new one shipped and it is "out for delivery" right now!

I cannot wait to combine it with my Amplifire!

I think releasing a newer version of the AX would have an impact on the demand for the newly released FXIII, so it makes a whole lotta business sense to hold the upgrade (which btw is imminent). If u can wait, I suggest you do, if not.. look for a used AX8 with a good deal (900-1000$) It is definitely an awesome unit and will have years of play. Good luck!

I think releasing a newer version of the AX would have an impact on the demand for the newly released FXIII, so it makes a whole lotta business sense to hold the upgrade (which btw is imminent). If u can wait, I suggest you do, if not.. look for a used AX8 with a good deal (900-1000$) It is definitely an awesome unit and will have years of play. Good luck!

My thoughts exactly. That's why i decided to buy AX8 now instead of waiting for a new version.

Back
Top Bottom