AX8 not detecting input

Asxem Dlean

Hey guys,
There seems to be a problem with my recently purchased AX8.Internally it seems to be working perfectly but I am unable to get a input signal from my guitar to the Ax.Basic connection from guitar to AX8 and bal L to amp. It flashes the midi in, instead of the instrument in on the display.Yesterday at rehearsal as I was tuning up the unit froze and stopped detecting my guitar input, ever since I have tried looking at the fractal audio forums and even formatted and reinstalled the firmware and banks via Fractal-bot.I really can't figure the issue am I missing something? .Please help guys

Welcome Asxem. I would suggest you reinstall the firmware but you have already done that. I suggest you contact tech support. I think you will find that FAS has excellent customer support. A little more information would help. Does your instrument input light indicate a signal from your guitar? When you say "flashes MIDI in" does that mean the green input light goes to the MIDI in but no higher?

Welcome Asxem. I would suggest you reinstall the firmware but you have already done that. I suggest you contact tech support. I think you will find that FAS has excellent customer support. A little more information would help. Does your instrument input light indicate a signal from your guitar? When you say "flashes MIDI in" does that mean the green input light goes to the MIDI in but no higher?

Thank you for the prompt reply John.I have contacted the
Hi John, thank you for the prompt reply. I have contacted the Fractal distributors in my country regarding this issue since it's under warranty too.Yes the green light input flashes on the MIDI in but shows no signal of the instrument in.I even tested the cables as well as going into the amp directly. Is there any setting that I might have to change internally? Because I even did a factory reset. I am using them with passive pick ups on my iron label 7 if that makes a difference in any way.

You can check your signal path. SHIFT > SETUP > IO (press footswitch 2) > LEVELS > PAGE > check to see how your output is set.

Do you have anything connected via USB or Midi? If so, I would disconnect that. I'd try creating a blank patch with shunts from input to output (it won't be loud, but you should get something). It sounds like something might be adjusting a modifier, possibly something via midi attached to global volume in or out.

I had connected midi in an attempt to link the pod x3 live using it as a volume and patch changer.The only time the USB was connected is when I installed the AX8 edit and to upgrade and reinstall the banks.I tried what you have suggested but still no luck

I gotcha. So, you don't see any input lights light up on the front panel and you've tried different guitar cable (or verified it works elsewhere)? I'd also make sure you you have the input Pad set for 0db on this. Anything else will attenuate (pad) your signal. Sounds like you'll probably need to contact support (support.fractalaudio.com).

I know it's discouraging to deal with something like this. It's definitely not typical. First 30-days always seem the most important when dealing with electronics of any type. Mine has been rock solid for the last 2+ years.

I'Ve tried everything possible.There seems to be a problem with the input jack itself when the tip is in there's a faint signal but when the sleeve is pushed in there's no sound at all.I've tried all the internal settings as suggested in this thread as well as checked the cables, guitar jack and amps all seems to be working perfectly fine.I've contacted the fractal distributors in my country thru the seller, they awaiting from the team in the states to get back.I hope they just replace it with a new unit.Dunno how long that would take thou.Thanks a ton for the help guys

Back
Top Bottom