AX8 not being recognized by Pro Tools

Iron_waden

Looking for some help. I’m trying to automate my patch changes in Pro Tools but the DAW doesn’t seem to be seeing the AX8. I am using the USB and it works fine with AX8 edit but I’m really not sure why Pro Tools can’t see it as a device.

Pro Tools 10 on Windows 10.

To expand on what @s6275 said, the AX8 is not equipped to record via USB, it has to be wired to an audio interface. The Axe-Fx rack units are equipped to do that, however.

From there, I'm unsure if it patch switching can be automated, although off the top of my head it doesn't seem like that could be something done outside of using MIDI switching.

Thanks. I’m not trying to use it as an interface or record at all right now. I’ve watched several YouTube videos on automating the AX8 using a Midi track but in the videos I’ve seen the users were able to add the AX8 as a midi device but for some reason it’s not being found by the DAW

Thanks. I’m not trying to use it as an interface or record at all right now. I’ve watched several YouTube videos on automating the AX8 using a Midi track but in the videos I’ve seen the users were able to add the AX8 as a midi device but for some reason it’s not being found by the DAW
Did you close Ax8-edit before starting pro tools?

AX8 = no audio interface

He's not trying to record audio over USB. AX8 is perfectly capable of executing Program Changes via MIDI and MIDI over USB is certainly available, but... I've read some posts about PC's only being avalable via MIDI ports and not over USB, but as I haven`t tried myself I can't give further advice. Hope more experienced forumers chime in.

He's not trying to record audio over USB. AX8 is perfectly capable of executing Program Changes via MIDI and MIDI over USB is certainly available, but... I've read some posts about PC's only being avalable via MIDI ports and not over USB, but as I haven`t tried myself I can't give further advice. Hope more experienced forumers chime in.

Correct. I’ve seen it done. I left town today til Sunday but my singer has the AX8 right now to try and figure things out in the mean time. We have not gotten around to seeing if it worked yet without having AX8 edit open at the same time because we honestly just don’t know if we had it open while we were trying to find it as a midi device. I hope that it is as simple as that but we did try creating a midi port in pro tools itself that we hoped would send the signal to the AX8 but the AX8 didn’t respond at all.

We are using a brand new laptop with usb 3.0 though. Is it possible that the usb 3.0 might not be compatible?

Back
Top Bottom