AX8 Noise Issue - Static/Humming/Crackling

Sam Oxley

Hi,
So recently, with no change to my set-up, i've started getting some seriously high levels of static/humming noises from the AX8. It's been happening on and off the last week. Here's the info:
  • Happens with every guitar or bass thats plugged in.
  • Stops when the guitar or bass is unplugged from the AX8
  • Increases in volume as the volume on the amp/interface/ax8 is turned up.
  • if I face the right?!? my guitar to the right monitor in the room the noise stops
  • doesnt stop if i touch the guitar strings
  • i've tried different leads for both the guitar input and the ax8 output.
  • I've attached it to an amp and an interface, still the same problem.
  • I've ran the AX8 through a power conditioner, same problem
  • Changing through the 5 way pickup selector changes the buzzing. However still the same noise on my bass too?
I'll attach an audio clip of the noise, any recommendations or info would be greatly appreciated :p

Thanks a bunch
Sam

Hi,
Have you changed anything to your electrical install recently ? New appliance ? New lights ? This sounds like some electro magnetic disturbance.
I experienced exactly the same issue when I had my heat pump installed and still haven't solved the problem. Have to turn it off to practice. I heard some filters can be put on the power line but haven't had time to ask an electrical engineer.
Try to see what machines or appliances are on while you play and turn them off one by one until you find the culprit. It could also be something coming from the neighbours if they're close enough to the place where you practice.
Hope it helps,
Alain

Hi,
Have you changed anything to your electrical install recently ? New appliance ? New lights ? This sounds like some electro magnetic disturbance.
I experienced exactly the same issue when I had my heat pump installed and still haven't solved the problem. Have to turn it off to practice. I heard some filters can be put on the power line but haven't had time to ask an electrical engineer.
Try to see what machines or appliances are on while you play and turn them off one by one until you find the culprit. It could also be something coming from the neighbours if they're close enough to the place where you practice.
Hope it helps,
Alain
Hey Alan,

No nothing has changed in the house. The noise has stopped again, perhaps there is an electrical compliance in the house that when turned on, intereferes. No neighbours either, so cant be that. Very odd...
thanks for the info.
either something interefering or the AX8 is becomming faulty.

All the best,
Sam

OK, good luck to find the source. I hope it's not the AX8 itself but doubt it since the hum stops when you unplug.
Goodday,
Alain

Back
Top Bottom