AX8 noise and volume issues

JTone

Hi, I've had similar volume related problems on my ax8 which others have described. The volume randomly drops and sometimes returns to its original level on its own. Is there still no explanation to this problem? My setup is ax8 left xlr output-> audio interface -> computer if it matters. I have the ax8 also connected to my pc via usb, but the issue presents itself even if I'm not using ax-edit. In fact I even tested that if I just turn my ax8 on and do nothing, and I mean I'm not even changing presets, it can still happen. More recently I've noticed that sometimes when the volume drops it stays there and some kind of electrical distortion is heard on top. It's very annoying. Also I think there are times when instead of the volume dropping, it increases...

Also probably unrelated to the issue described above, it seems that whenever I use the right output, there's noise on the background. Could this be a sign of oxidation somewhere in the internal wires connected to right ouputs? I use the left output when at home, so I only noticed this issue when trying to go stereo on a gig and the hiss/noise was there and we had to go mono.

I read that someone had tried to update the firmware to get rid of the volume fluctuation but have not tried it yet. I'm mostly curious if someone has an idea about my right output, because I don't have high hopes of getting a clear answer on the volume thingy.

Thanks, J.

if I just turn my ax8 on and do nothing, and I mean I'm not even changing presets, it can still happen. More recently I've noticed that sometimes when the volume drops it stays there and some kind of electrical distortion is heard on top.
this is different from the issue others have reported.

for the other issue, it's only happened after changing Presets, from what i've gathered. and no one has reported any additional noise or signal. it just drops, and looking at the VU meter page, you can see that Out 1 has changed to 1%, even though the physical knob is much higher.

in many hours of testing - something like 3 hours at a time over 4 weeks at one point that i was focusing specifically on this - i had it happen to me once. that's just me, but i really can't make it happen. that makes it hard to fix unfortunately.

what you're describing may be a different issue. i'd contact support.fractalaudio.com

I had the same problem (not the background noise bit though). I actually regressed the firmware back to the previous version and haven't had a problem since. That was a while ago - been playing every day and a couple of band practices since and everything is ok. Worth a try?

Back
Top Bottom