AX8 New Owner

Islander

Hi Guy's I am new to the digital stuff and love it.......except
I just experienced trouble with my AX8 live all of a sudden all my patches started experiencing a real fuzzy distortion with a weird electronic overtone. My out put meter also went off the scale at this time which is not where I have it set. Help I have a bunch of Gigs in a week.

I just experienced trouble with my AX8 live all of a sudden all my patches started experiencing a real fuzzy distortion with a weird electronic overtone.

Strange... I experienced the same exact thing this weekend... anyways

Are you referencing your signal through the exact same setup? As in through some studio monitors or the same FOH mix into a board? I'm not kidding, the slightest adjustments to PEQ, Compression, or Filters on some boards make the FAS product signals morph into undesirable territory. Which is a good and bad thing, good because it exemplifies the precision the FAS gear provides, but negative when those who are running the FOH gear don't change their method in moving away from traditionally EQ'ing a sound (compressing a mic'd amp signal or re-EQ'ing the signal/compression).

This weekend @ my church my reference sound was just off and sounded overly distorted. The previous weekend at a different campus, it sounded great... Also, at my home studio it sounded just dandy, so I think it was something on that signal chain was off...

Thus my trouble shooting steps, check your reference gear to make sure nothing changed there. Historically my AX8 has been an anchor of amp/fx reproduction with the high levels of consistency.

Hope that helps mate!

Strange... I experienced the same exact thing this weekend... anyways

Are you referencing your signal through the exact same setup? As in through some studio monitors or the same FOH mix into a board? I'm not kidding, the slightest adjustments to PEQ, Compression, or Filters on some boards make the FAS product signals morph into undesirable territory. Which is a good and bad thing, good because it exemplifies the precision the FAS gear provides, but negative when those who are running the FOH gear don't change their method in moving away from traditionally EQ'ing a sound (compressing a mic'd amp signal or re-EQ'ing the signal/compression).

This weekend @ my church my reference sound was just off and sounded overly distorted. The previous weekend at a different campus, it sounded great... Also, at my home studio it sounded just dandy, so I think it was something on that signal chain was off...

Thus my trouble shooting steps, check your reference gear to make sure nothing changed there. Historically my AX8 has been an anchor of amp/fx reproduction with the high levels of consistency.

Hope that helps mate!
Yes I was at church also when this happened, when checking my gear at home through my speakers i could not reproduce the issue,???
Have too have a discussion withthe sound man, Thank you all very good advice here.

So I thought all was well and after a week from healing from a recent surgery i started my rig at home and walla! It did it again ? DARN! The sound has like a filter sweep on it too. I will have too catch it and record i guess for sharing. When I changed banks it went away.

Back
Top Bottom