Dude, just wanted to say, incredible job. I just loaded these up and turned up the ENGL, didn't change anything, and jammed Tornado of Souls and it was almost perfect. Just have to add like a 3dB boost and it will be one of my go-tos.

Awesome tones (in order)
Uberschall, Recto, Mark IV, FAS Modern

5153 was my least favorite but even then it was pretty decent.

Great job tho posting the clips and sharing the presets! Thank you!

Reactions: DTS
OP HAS BEEN UPDATED AS WELL WITH FOUR (4) NEW PRESETS!!!!!
ENGL Savage and FAS Modern are the "Brighter ones" and Friedman HBE and Mark IV are more in the "Darker side".

I just realized that you uploaded 4 new presets, I'm happy to have a whole monster bank in my ax8, thank you very much my friend!!

UBER, ENGL and RECTO just sounded incredible with no tweaks! These're some great presets @DropTheSun !

May I ask what guitars and what setup have you used for creating these presets? i assume we have very similar setups because your presets translated so well on my guitar (Telecaster with EMGs) and ax8 + Alto 212. I've hardly found other presets that sounded so good on my setup with no need to tweak. I've not had the chance to try them at band volume but i expect good results in that scenario as well.

I use outpu1 to direct to FOH and output2 to powerstage PA + regular guit cab so i added and fx loop before the cab block and moved the cab block in the last block of the grid. Question is: Would you suggest any other tweaks for my use case?

Thanks again for sharing these great presets mate!

UBER, ENGL and RECTO just sounded incredible with no tweaks! These're some great presets @DropTheSun !

May I ask what guitars and what setup have you used for creating these presets? i assume we have very similar setups because your presets translated so well on my guitar (Telecaster with EMGs) and ax8 + Alto 212. I've hardly found other presets that sounded so good on my setup with no need to tweak. I've not had the chance to try them at band volume but i expect good results in that scenario as well.

I use outpu1 to direct to FOH and output2 to powerstage PA + regular guit cab so i added and fx loop before the cab block and moved the cab block in the last block of the grid. Question is: Would you suggest any other tweaks for my use case?

Thanks again for sharing these great presets mate!

Thank you!
I used Mayones Regius 6 with BKP Juggernaut pickups. I Use Atomic CLR Cab with my AX8. For my experience these presets translate very well for different guitars. I use these presets as they are with all of my guitars for example. (Suhr singlecoils, EMG and BKP Juggernauts).

I think that in your tweaks you should check that the Delay and Reverb block get back in the Cab Block if you have it last in the grid. Other than that it should be fine. :)

These all sound great! Interesting to see the different CAB choices and still see the consistency in the tone.

I bought an AX8 about 2 weeks ago. Yesterday was the first time I brought it to practice. Used your Recto profile through the PA system. Everyone was really impressed. People like you are what makes this community seem so great, from a newby's perspective of course.

This is me testing my New Ormsby and I recorded the song with my AX8 using these presets. :) Hope you Enjoy.

Welcome to your new guitar @DropTheSun! The presets with the Ormsby sound amazing, so organic and tight at the same time!

I've not had the chance to try these presets at band volume nor on my SS PA + Guit Cab yet. I'll probably do tomorrow and i'm so looking forwards to it!

In the past few days, i've been gravitating through a few of your presets (mainly Engl and Bogner) and i'm going back and forth between your presets and the ones i've used so far. There're massive differences (your ones being more gainy in general but still very focused) between your presets and mines but i just can't decide wich ones i like better. I guess i need to practice at band volume to find out :)

For the time being, i'm playing these presets at bedroom volume on my Alto 212. I dont know if it's ear fatigue or else but i feel like the tones become arsher and loose low-end from one day to another. I really wonder if i should change my approach to frfr staff for home use. Maybe a pair of studio monitors will do the job better then the Alto.

I know the Alto ain't a great piece of gear but it does the job when cranked up. On the other hand, at bedroom volume, I think they dont sound good or, at least, i'm not able to tweak my presets to sound great there.

Is anyone here able to comment on this approach (frfr monitors vs studio monitor) for home use?

Back
Top Bottom