AX8 - Missing Switch Cap

xrist04

Fractal Fanatic
One of the switch caps on my AX8 has gone missing (see photo, SW2)

Do any of you know where (or how) I can get a replacement switch cap?

AX8-Missing-Switch-Cap.JPG

A couple of mine popped off as well.
I found them, but how to re-attach?? They won’t stay put now.

Works fine without. I’d enjoy hearing if you find out anything.

Have any of you reached out to FAS support to see if they have any and how to you can re-attach them? (If that's possible.)

I reported it a while ago. G66 support suggested to glue them back on. Be careful with the amount of glue, you don't want it run down the rod into the switch.

Have any of you reached out to FAS support to see if they have any and how to you can re-attach them? (If that's possible.)
Happened twice to my buddy. He got new switches from FAS and they walked him through replacement. Apparently easy to do, but have to take AX8 apart to do it. Don't know if he had to pay for new switches or not.

I glued my 1 back on and it's lasted. I can't use a "Barefoot Button" on that one though as it'll come back off.. . . (p.s. as someone indicated you have to be VERY careful while gluing it on . If you're using any kind of super glue,etc it definitely can run down the shaft and freeze the whole switch)

Eric

I had never heard of switch caps coming off until a few months ago. Likewise, I had never heard of Barefoot buttons until a few months ago.

I wonder whether there’s a correlation. Here’s a question for everyone with a broken switch cap: were you using oversized buttons when it happened?

I had never heard of switch caps coming off until a few months ago. Likewise, I had never heard of Barefoot buttons until a few months ago.

I wonder whether there’s a correlation. Here’s a question for everyone with a broken switch cap: were you using oversized buttons when it happened?

Ha that question was 'wisely' asked on the previous thread about this (maybe 6 months ago??) Noone answered but me. . Yes. .I was, and can't again on that button as once the cap breaks off the integrity just isn't there supergluing it back on . See if we get more than 1 answer this time? I still have Barefoot Buttons on some of my other switches with no problem and I've had them for probably a year and thru MANY 5 hour gigs

Eric

Reactions: Rex

The buddy I referred to earlier in this thread that lost 2 caps has never used barefoot buttons or anything else similar. I've used them for well over a year and have not had a problem with caps.

I had the same issue and contacted Fractal support. They suggested using any type of RTV Silicone Adhesive to reattach the cap or I could buy a replacement switch from the parts store (shop.fractalaudio.com/Parts_p/svc-parts1.htm)

Here’s a question for everyone with a broken switch cap: were you using oversized buttons when it happened?
No "barefoot buttons" on my AX8. Not sure why the cap for SW2 came off. I'm just looking to replace it.

Back
Top Bottom