AX8 Mark II?

Dillonski

Inspired
Hey guys,
I'm currently on the waitlist for the AX8 (Will be getting mine by the end of the month! :D) but today I saw that there is a Mark II version of the FX8 available. Is there any word on there being an AX8 Mark 2? If so I'd rather wait and stick with my Axe-Fx 2 until the mark 2 comes out.

Cheers!

If there were, it'd probably be a sticky or near the top of the forum from constant chatter :). I don't right now see a good reason to do a new revision on such a new product. I think the FX8mkII is such a minor revision (in the grand scheme of a product, anyway) that we probably won't see AX8mkII for a good while.

Hah. I thought $1400 was a steal for my AX8. I think it's a pretty good price, and the updated price to the FX8 slots it in nicely just below the AX8.
Yup, there's no questioning the value proposition; I've spent far more on amps and effects that will be redundant when I get my hands on one.

If I had to guess (which I don't, but I'm going to anyway), if there is ever an AX8 mk2 it will be some time from now. The current version is only 8 months old. Cliff already stated the design goals for the AX8 and it seems to me that he already hit the mark for everything he set out to achieve. There may be some sort of iterative improvement(s) down the road but in the next few months seems really unlikely to me. Just my opinion of course. YMMV

Hey guys,
I'm currently on the waitlist for the AX8 (Will be getting mine by the end of the month! :D) but today I saw that there is a Mark II version of the FX8 available. Is there any word on there being an AX8 Mark 2? If so I'd rather wait and stick with my Axe-Fx 2 until the mark 2 comes out.

Cheers!
Nothing on the AX8 Mark 2... No need to wait. I would expect it to remain the same for a while, and just be updated with new FW. Check out the MK2 changes to the FX8, it's just the input pad and the numbering on the foot switches.

The FX8 mk2 just brought layout changes making it closer to the AX8. When it the mk1 was released people complained about button placement ect. Cliff addressed all those comments and ideas when the made the AX8. I bet they wanted to update the FX8 for a while but were slammed months with waitlist stuff for the AX8. Now that is has calmed down it was a good time to make the changes to the FX8

The AX8 is so well implemented, generations of upgrades can be accomplished through firmware.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom