AX8 Manual ...... any update re: likely availability ?

When you see the manual and Ax8 edit up ,I think you'll see invites go out a day or 2 later
That's what everyone's been saying, but ax8 edit has been ready and available to beta testers and Larry Mitchell for quite some time as Cliff has said. I guess they're waiting till the unit ships to wait list guys before uploading it.

The manual is probably a different story, as they need to print it and bundle it with the units if the ax8 is even going to be shipped with the manual.

So yeah, you're probably right when the manual goes up, the units should be shipping soon after.

The manual for the Helix comes on a USB stick, no printing. Just saying....

I'm ready for anything right about now!!

I can't remember the last time I got a printed manual with a product, not a large manual anyway. It's a complete waste of paper. I always read manuals as a pdf on my computer anyway, even if I have a hard copy. I had an Axe-FX Standard and the list of amp models in the manual was obviously out of date eventually anyway, not to mention other FX and additions, so I don't really see the point in having them printed.

I would certainly assume that is true. Also, you could start by reading the FX8 and Axe FX II manuals. A lot will be the same. (FX8 with similar cabling configurations, Axe FX II for cab blocks and FX block specifics).

Just my two cents guys. Please consider that when a company launches a new product. Every part of it has to be tested. As in the Ax8 had to be built and tested, the manual had to be written and tested ah... Proof read as well, And the the software product it self had to be written and beta tested. If your familiar with Fractal audio then you know about their commitment to excellence and quality control. As a beta tester I sometimes marvel at how much and how fast these guys work and what they come up with! :0)

Cheers to the entire Fractal Audio team and to all the people testing behind the scenes. :0) I travel a bit too much performing to really test things anywhere near as much as some of the guys. I do hope I contribute by putting the units out there in the field under sometimes heavy and interesting and real live situations. But the beta test team in house and out there for all Fractal Products work hard!

I have no doubt, it's all coming SOON :0)

Back
Top Bottom