Bug? AX8 loses S/PDIF sync occasionally after Q10 Firmware Update

ozanerk78

Hello,
I am a professional performer - composer from Turkey/Istanbul. I have been using AX8 for about one year. I am quite familiar with digital stuff. Having updated AX8 to the latest firmware, I have been suffering dropouts from digital (spdif) sync while working with Logic Pro X and Ableton. Besides, AX8 freezes and ceases to respond to any switch toggle. It never functions back unless I turn it off and on again. Logic gives alerts of appearing/disappearing new midi ports during this dropouts and audio is gone. This happens in any preset of AX8. So I assume it has nothing to do with presets. I haven't had such issues until the latest update. I am used to work at 48k having AX8 as Master connected via spdif and DAWs slave. While looking for a suggestion on some other forums, I encountered some posts indicating the same problem after Firmware update lately. I sent this thread also to support department in order to draw their attention to this issue. I haven’t changed anything with my computer, operation system or programs. So the only change is Q10 Firmware update and I am having this irritating trouble. I think that there is an issue/bug about the new update and it will have to be updated soon once more :). I hope there would be solution to it. I would appreciate if anyone shares an enlightening opinion. Best regards

I wanted to add a detail:

Ax8's digital sync connection remains stable if I just connect it to my audio interface via SPDIF without opening a DAW. Those problems, I mentioned in my previous post above, start to occur as soon as I open Logic X. (Sometimes in Ableton too, but very rare). I have been using my Logic for long. I haven't had those problems until the recent Firmware update. So I don't think that it is a problem caused by Logic X. The problem seems to me that AX8's MIDI connection and SPDIF connection get confused when Logic enters the scene. What does this have to do with the update, I cannot say. Only thing I know is that this weird situation happens since the latest update.

Matt Picone from Fractal Audio pointed to the same issue he has encountered while using Logic. He suggested me to BYPASS all the control surfaces from Logic. I tried it and it seems to have solved the problem. However I still insist that I haven't had such a problem with Logic before the Q10 update. So I still wonder about what might have changed to cause this.

Back
Top Bottom