AX8 Looper?

Cliff confirmed a looper by mentioning the looper controls (rather than a dedicated looper mode, the looper controls are freely assignable to the footswitches). No word on mono/stereo, but the FX8 is 8 minutes mono / 4 minutes stereo.

Ahhh so you could get an external 2 button fs, one for record/dub and one for play stop. And no matter what patch you're in or whatever they will always function as expected?

That's fucking awesome.

looper in fx8 is a global looper. until we get full specs i'd assume the ax8 is the same.

I wouldn't assume that at all, since it's not global in the Axe FX 2's. In a sense, it would be wonderful if it were global and you didn't have to throw a looper block in ever preset. On the other hand, what if you wanted the looper in different locations in different presets? I don't know if that would work if it were global. Just another thing to wait and see on.
-
Austin

That really would be amazing. As a live device, given the popularity of looping, I would assume it has been included.

That really would be amazing. As a live device, given the popularity of looping, I would assume it has been included.

Looping has definitely been included. That's already been confirmed by Cliff. It's just a question of the specifics of the implementation at this point.
-
Austin

Last edited:
Right. I'm interested to know more, like we all are. 4 or 8 minutes will keep me from needing the Infinity Looper, and I can dedicate it to something.

my favorite feature of the Infinity Looper - aside from 2 loops - is the "Trail" feature where you can press the Stop button while the loop is playing, and it plays till the end of the loop and stops - or switches to other loop - automatically.

little did i know that all this time, the ONCE feature in the FAS loopers does basically this! if only it had 2 loops, it'd kill a TON of other looper devices. but i can live with 1 loop and that ONCE feature so i don't have to time every single thing at the same time.

Thx everyone. I'm already a happy FX8 user. Just curious about the AX8 looper capabilities. Looping wasn't even mentioned on the product page. Sounds different from the current FX8 scheme. What with all the assign ability that's going to be available on the AX8.

I wouldn't assume that at all, since it's not global in the Axe FX 2's. In a sense, it would be wonderful if it were global and you didn't have to throw a looper block in ever preset. On the other hand, what if you wanted the looper in different locations in different presets? I don't know if that would work if it were global. Just another thing to wait and see on.
-
Austin

i'm sure a global looper would be selectable; pre/post. is it that way in the FX8?

i'm sure a global looper would be selectable; pre/post. is it that way in the FX8?

Yes, the global looper on the FX8 can be placed in several positions - IN PRE, OUT PRE, or OUT POST. However, those locations don't make much sense on the AX8 where you've got the 4x12 grid. It seems likely that we'll see a looper block. Although I'd gladly take a global looper that can be used across presets in return for the loss of some flexibility in its location in the chain.

Back
Top Bottom