AX8 Looper with real amp?

Wolfemusic

trying to figure out how to grid layout the looper to be able to use it direct + real amp. I currently have it working flawlessly with my direct patch but is there a way to use it and send out to the fx loop block as well or another method. Thanks.

Just ensure the Looper block is to the left of your signal chain whenever it branches out to the FX block. The only block you’ll want to bypass with the FX block is the Cab.

trying to figure out how to grid layout the looper to be able to use it direct + real amp. I currently have it working flawlessly with my direct patch but is there a way to use it and send out to the fx loop block as well or another method. Thanks.
Show us your direct patch so we all know what you’re doing.

Not sure without knowing how you want to route but in the User Manual, Page 32, Example 4 is what you may be looking for. Replace GEO for Looper.

Thanks guys, currently I have the fx loop block directly above (parallel) to the cab block with a y coming from the amp block. Basic setup just bypassing the cab block out to fx loop. I have the looper past the cab block right before the output which obviously isn’t working with the fx loop. I guess I just wasn’t thinking and the looper should work just fine pre cab. I’ll give it a go. So far I’ve been really happy with this unit, I know it’s been out for a few years now but finally got one this week

I was wondering, is it possible to use external preamp only? How can i get that poweramp simulation? Do i have to put amp sim after fxloop to get it? If so, any recommendations for the amp, which dont effect too much to preamps sound? Preamp that i want to try is Ada-mp1.

I use a mic in on the AX8 looper all the time. I just run through the mic through an external pre and passive DI box (in reverse to get an unbalanced signal) and into the input 2.

Usually I slave the looper to respond to midi CC messages from protools so I don't have to stomp though. Here's a vid where we did it live:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom