*AX8* live rigs

VTGJOE

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to the Fractal Audio community, i guess for my first thread ill ask how everyone is using their AX8 in a live setting. please feel free to post photos of your live rig id love to see em.

Live I'm mostly going Ax8 to Fryette Power Station to a 2x12 Vet 30 cab OR a 1x12 Vet30 cab with FOH getting IR (Ownhammer 4x12 Mix or V30) feed and output 2 going through FX Loop to my cab for onstage happiness

In a perfect world in a larger room I go to both a cab and a Alto TS210, f*cking killer! Again FOH always gets an OH IR

Lastly, in a small room I just go Ax8 to FOH no onstage cab or FRFR monitoring

My band uses IEM's... the beauty is I have lots of choices!!

Live I'm mostly going Ax8 to Fryette Power Station to a 2x12 Vet 30 cab OR a 1x12 Vet30 cab with FOH getting IR (Ownhammer 4x12 Mix or V30) feed and output 2 going through FX Loop to my cab for onstage happiness

In a perfect world in a larger room I go to both a cab and a Alto TS210, f*cking killer! Again FOH always gets an OH IR

Lastly, in a small room I just go Ax8 to FOH no onstage cab or FRFR monitoring

My band uses IEM's... the beauty is I have lots of choices!!
So is that like ax8 into power amp into cab?

Is that like ax8 into poweramp into cab?? I was thinking bout going rhe frfr route. But damn those cabs are pricey

Just put mine together and have used it with one Electric gig and one acoustic guitar gig. Sounded great with my acoustic too wow
IMG_3365.JPG

I run stereo to front of house from Out 1 and from Out 2 I run stereo to 2 XiTone wedges one behind me and one on the other side of the drums behind my bass player. I still get some of my signal in the front monitors and drum monitor as well.

I run stereo to front of house from Out 1 and from Out 2 I run stereo to 2 XiTone wedges one behind me and one on the other side of the drums behind my bass player. I still get some of my signal in the front monitors and drum monitor as well.
Hmm, very nice. I like that alot

It rocks, I can crank the one behind me as loud as I want and since it's a wedge pointing up at me I'm not killing the sound guy. I can turn the one on the otherside of the stage down a bit so I'm not killing my bassist and keyboardist and the people at the front of the stage still get some ambient guitar sound from the stage as well.

I split my signal from the AX8. Out of FX (Output2) I send the signal to a Crown amplifier powering my vertical MESA 212. Cab simulation is turned off on this. I use Global EQ on the output to tame some of the V30 high end. I use Output1 to send to the mixer for my house signal. I usually have my amp/cab at such a minimal volume I don't really need it. The main purpose is to round out the stage volume just a bit. Also for any venues small enough to not need guitars in the FOH.

Back
Top Bottom