AX8: Killswitch Engage

IMG_2426.jpg Sounds pretty spot on to me. This was the second song I programmed after buying the AX8. A few days later I sold it to my buddy and ordered an FX II XL+. My preset I'm using the same FAS Modern and a Jazz 120 for the clean tone. I Thought I had recorded this but can't seem to find it. Had a tree trimming accident two weeks ago and shattered my ring finger tip and smashed the piss outa my left hand. Kinda need that finger for this song. I have a preset with 3 scenes 1.clean intro 2. dirty 3. the distant clean towards the end.

Last edited:
Reactions: DTS
Damn I've been using the FAS Modern and the same OH IR and I haven't gotten anywhere near this tone with them yet! I have a lot of work to do apparently!

Not sure if this is my latest tweaks to that song or not. I play the picking entro not the cords on the beginning scene 1. AXE FX II XL+ Try it you may like it or hate it.
scene 1. Clean entro.
scene 2. Dirty meat of the song. expression pedal set on external 1 of the MFC for pick squeal boost.
scene 3. Was for the pick steal boost not using that at the moment.
scene 4. Distant sounding bridge.

Attachments

• My Curse.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Not sure if this is my latest tweaks to that song or not. I play the picking entro not the cords on the beginning scene 1. AXE FX II XL+ Try it you may like it or hate it.
scene 1. Clean entro.
scene 2. Dirty meat of the song. expression pedal set on external 1 of the MFC for pick squeal boost.
scene 3. Was for the pick steal boost not using that at the moment.
scene 4. Distant sounding bridge.

I'm going to give this a shot tomorrow! I have to convert it to my AX8 first though.

I'm going to give this a shot tomorrow! I have to convert it to my AX8 first though.
Hmmm I have two amp blocks in this preset. I don't know how that works in the conversion with FracTool. In the layout the bottom amp block is a clean you would want to delete that one, you could then add a new signal path from input to just replace that block. I use both a clean and dirty amp in that distant bridge sound.

Back
Top Bottom