• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

AX8: Killswitch Engage

Tom Morris

Power User
IMG_2426.jpg Sounds pretty spot on to me. This was the second song I programmed after buying the AX8. A few days later I sold it to my buddy and ordered an FX II XL+. My preset I'm using the same FAS Modern and a Jazz 120 for the clean tone. I Thought I had recorded this but can't seem to find it. Had a tree trimming accident two weeks ago and shattered my ring finger tip and smashed the piss outa my left hand. Kinda need that finger for this song. I have a preset with 3 scenes 1.clean intro 2. dirty 3. the distant clean towards the end.

Last edited:
Damn I've been using the FAS Modern and the same OH IR and I haven't gotten anywhere near this tone with them yet! I have a lot of work to do apparently!

Tom Morris

Power User
Not sure if this is my latest tweaks to that song or not. I play the picking entro not the cords on the beginning scene 1. AXE FX II XL+ Try it you may like it or hate it.
scene 1. Clean entro.
scene 2. Dirty meat of the song. expression pedal set on external 1 of the MFC for pick squeal boost.
scene 3. Was for the pick steal boost not using that at the moment.
scene 4. Distant sounding bridge.

Attachments

• My Curse.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Not sure if this is my latest tweaks to that song or not. I play the picking entro not the cords on the beginning scene 1. AXE FX II XL+ Try it you may like it or hate it.
scene 1. Clean entro.
scene 2. Dirty meat of the song. expression pedal set on external 1 of the MFC for pick squeal boost.
scene 3. Was for the pick steal boost not using that at the moment.
scene 4. Distant sounding bridge.

I'm going to give this a shot tomorrow! I have to convert it to my AX8 first though.

Tom Morris

Power User
I'm going to give this a shot tomorrow! I have to convert it to my AX8 first though.
Hmmm I have two amp blocks in this preset. I don't know how that works in the conversion with FracTool. In the layout the bottom amp block is a clean you would want to delete that one, you could then add a new signal path from input to just replace that block. I use both a clean and dirty amp in that distant bridge sound.

Top Bottom