AX8 jazz noodle in 7/8 recording

As expected, tried the presets but did not sound anithing close... :(:oops::rolleyes: It's still the guitar player that makes the tone... ;) Thank's for sharing anyway...
Oh no, sad to hear! I used the neck humbucker with the tone rolled off to about half (maybe lower than half) if that helps.

Oh no, sad to hear! I used the neck humbucker with the tone rolled off to about half (maybe lower than half) if that helps.

I disagree with the previous opinion and think these are very nice warm clean "jazzy" tone after bypassing the delay and dialing back the verb. Thanks for the contribution

Don't worry, it's only due to my poor playing skills. Also my guitar is SC. I really dig your playing...

Thanks for the patches.

Would you mind sharing you guitar brand/model and string gauge?
Thanks!

Yvan

Of course! Its an Ibanez AF120 with regular .011 strings (regular meaning not flatwound or anything). I think the humbuckers are called like Super '58 or something like that.

Hey calleballe11, you may be able to get the sound of Gilad Hekselman in this video Polyphony in Action http://jazzheaven.com/videos/how-to...-hekselman-jazz-guitar-polyphony-masterclass/
I know that type of guitar, strings, touch, etc, has a huge influence in the sound, but you may be able to duplicate his sound? (kind of a nasal sound, not with a lot of highs but very clean, full, round and warm)
I am asking you because your sound (thanks for the patches, they sound really great in my Eastman and Epiphone Joe Pass with a Bennedetto neck pickup) and the style you play in the video.
No big deal if you can't. I know takes time etc.
Thanks anyway again for the patches, they sound great!

Hey calleballe11, you may be able to get the sound of Gilad Hekselman in this video Polyphony in Action http://jazzheaven.com/videos/how-to...-hekselman-jazz-guitar-polyphony-masterclass/
I know that type of guitar, strings, touch, etc, has a huge influence in the sound, but you may be able to duplicate his sound? (kind of a nasal sound, not with a lot of highs but very clean, full, round and warm)
I am asking you because your sound (thanks for the patches, they sound really great in my Eastman and Epiphone Joe Pass with a Bennedetto neck pickup) and the style you play in the video.
No big deal if you can't. I know takes time etc.
Thanks anyway again for the patches, they sound great!

I gave it a shot, but I dont know how to nail that 350hz heavy rosenwinkel dark thing. I like it a lot but I cant seem to get it right. Here's my poor attempt, maybe you can tweak it to work for you :)

Cheers

Attachments

• Bad Gilad.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 15
I gave it a shot, but I dont know how to nail that 350hz heavy rosenwinkel dark thing. I like it a lot but I cant seem to get it right. Here's my poor attempt, maybe you can tweak it to work for you :)

Cheers

Hey, really appreciate doing this. Actually, very close with his type of sound. Slowly learning how to tweak sounds/parameters with the AX8, still a long way to go.
This is something that I tried and to my ears, has a "hint" of Gilad sound.
But thanks for the patch, I will try tweaking it and see what happens.

Attachments

• Gibtone Scout Clean_b.syx
    12.7 KB · Views: 14
bumping this up, thanks for the OP patches, used it with my Victor Baker sounded great. Saw Gilad Hekselman on Friday, was killer with his Moffa! i wonder why he dosnt try anything like the Ax8, i should have asked him.

Back
Top Bottom