AX8 is fireproof!

Just a quick post.... (moderators please feel free to share this wherever...)

My wife and I lost our home this past July, thank God all of us were unharmed. My office was about the only space that was not 100% destroyed. We lost pretty much everything. The day after the fire in the heat and humidity of July in KC, We tried to take out what we thought could be saved (not much). It wasn't until day 4 after the fire that I removed my AX-8. It had been through the fire, the water, the humidity, the soot and smoke etc. I brought it back to my parents house and after some clean up of the smoke and soot, i plugged it in and lo and behold the thing powered up! I was floored.... I still had no way to check the audio.... so when I finally had an opportunity to try it out a couple months later I was even more surprised that it is 100% functional. I have it attached to my computer for ax edit and i am still surprised that this unit is still going strong.

Thanks fractal for making such a durable product. I will post a couple pics so you can see what this unit went through.... you can see the ax 8 sitting on my file cabinet, in the last photo. I was lucky it was not on the floor, or in any other part of the house....

IMG_5662.jpgIMG_5680.jpgIMG_5685.jpgIMG_5686.jpgIMG_5687.jpgIMG_5705.jpg

Aw man, that's got to be a tough thing to watch as it's happening. Glad to see the AX-8 survived (and your family, of course), but I can only imagine how hard it is to lose virtually everything.

Wow! Sorry to hear about that man! But glad that you guys came out alive and okay, material things can always be replaced

Yeah, this is about as road worthy as they can possibly come!

Glad you’re OK. My apartment caught fire 2 units away from me in March 2020 and I had a little smoke damage. Rumor was that someone was using a torch lighter to smoke something.

Back
Top Bottom