AX8 in the Studio

Axe-Master
We've started recording a new Ragdoll album so I've been getting busy behind the camera documenting the ins and outs of the process. We've decided to do tracks 2 at a time so we can take the time to focus on getting live guitar/bass/drum takes and the AX8 is making all of that really easy at the moment (especially since I wrote everything and tracked the demos with it). Recto 1 Red is killing it!

I'll keep this thread updated as we go including how we end up using the Fractal gear as part of the process.

DAMN! Is that studio in your home?!?!...insanely jealous. Could the kids be any cooler....? Thanks for the peek in.

"It's pretty annoying but I'm getting used to it"
Bwahahahaha! Couldn't stop laughing!

Excellent work guys!

Zumba kid is our singer's eldest, it was really funny having him sit in. The studio is a new space my friend Troy just opened; it's a bit of a wonderland!

Had a pretty productive tracking session last week, dialling in some tones with my old Recto and the Mesa Stiletto. At this stage we're looking to use a hybrid approach using the amps to track the main rhythms and the AX8 for solos, overdubs and layers (which i can do from my home studio with ease).

The Stiletto is a really cool amp, and i wouldn't complain if it ended up being modelled for the FAS gear at some point :rolleyes:

Anyway, i figure some of you would get a kick out of watching how working with a producer to track guitars can help with the creative development of a track.

Back
Top Bottom