AX8 in action: live r&b band

LeonC

Inspired

From my 8-piece r&b band gig last night. Not your typical fare on this board, from what I can tell.

My rig consists of my Les Paul CC#14 (Waddy Wachtel model) into the AX8 with dedicated vol / wah pedals, into my Atomic CLR Neo monitor (out 2, L+R sum) and L+R sum from out 1 to mains.

I'm using the 5F8 tweed twin on all the clean stuff (x) and the Plexi (y), typically when dirt is needed...but I can do an entire gig on the preset.

Not to take anything away from the rock and metal postings - but it's nice to see another genre represented here. You proved that the AX8 isn't just for shredding. I've heard some respectable country on it as well. You guys sounded great. Thank you for sharing.

Not to take anything away from the rock and metal postings - but it's nice to see another genre represented here. You proved that the AX8 isn't just for shredding. I've heard some respectable country on it as well. You guys sounded great. Thank you for sharing.
Thanks for noting that DrProgNerd. I've had the same feeling for a while, that we don't get to hear enough examples of people playing other forms of music that don't involve as much overdriven tones. The AX8 has been an absolutely (no pun intended, lol!) inspiring piece of equipment for me. Just love the sounds and responsiveness I get from it. And I continue to discover more and more as time goes by.

Here are a couple more vids we just uploaded. First, here's one featuring our wonderful singers, Gerald Davis Jr. and Antonia E. Barton, just nailing one of my favorite Motown classics, Ain't No Mountain High Enough.

And here's another little compilation with some classic rock songs in it.

Thanks Yoga64. Yes here's the preset I used in all these clips. As I mentioned, I have pedal 1 dedicated to volume, pedal 2 to wah wah and I have a Mission XPB-R in pedal 3; it's used for controlling delay mix. Also...I leave a bit of reverb on all the time. Scene 1 is 5F8 tweed twin and Jay Mitchel's far field IRs; man, I LOVE this sound. Scene 2 is Plexi 100 into two different 4x12s. Scene 4 turns on tremolo (speed controlled through tempo footswitch).

Attachments

• Tweed Twin.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 23
Thanks for noting that DrProgNerd. I've had the same feeling for a while, that we don't get to hear enough examples of people playing other forms of music that don't involve as much overdriven tones. The AX8 has been an absolutely (no pun intended, lol!) inspiring piece of equipment for me. Just love the sounds and responsiveness I get from it. And I continue to discover more and more as time goes by.

Here are a couple more vids we just uploaded. First, here's one featuring our wonderful singers, Gerald Davis Jr. and Antonia E. Barton, just nailing one of my favorite Motown classics, Ain't No Mountain High Enough.

And here's another little compilation with some classic rock songs in it.

Love it. Outstanding. Thank you for sharing. Great to hear some Sly and the Family Stone in there. Don't think I've ever heard that covered before. Great job. Keep em comin.

Thanks fellas, I appreciate your kind words. My hat goes off to Cliff and Jay Mitchell for making possible the most useful, portable and best sounding digital rig I've ever used.

Great stuff Leon....So refreshing to hear....Also thanks for "sharing" the preset...........................
Thanks Stratman -- one of the things I love about the Plexi model (in the Y position in that preset) is that all you have to do is turn the guitar down to clean it right up. Hell I could play on just that amp almost all night.

Back
Top Bottom