AX8 in a mix: Time Machine Fury

philipacamaniac

Fractal Fanatic
I haven't had the chance to use the AX8 on any recordings, and a new collaboration I'm working on with a friend was the perfect opportunity.

I kept all the factory presets on the device, but moved them towards the middle to make room for my own presets. For this track, all I did was scroll through a few factory presets until I landed on something awesome. I landed on Wrecked Express (which I'm assuming uses the Trainwreck Express; I didn't even bother to look lol, I just played).

This thing sounds SUPER fantastic in a mix. Caveats: I'm not old enough to have done (real) music in the 80s, so I don't know anything about proper 80s high gain. Also: this is just a quick preview of a scratch mix. I looped a bunch of things in a hurry so my friend could work on lyric structure. Also also: I realize that the guitars aren't really even featured in this track, but they play a prominent part. Our idea was to start with EDM concepts and apply them to 80s rock.

I haven't had the chance to use the AX8 on any recordings, and a new collaboration I'm working on with a friend was the perfect opportunity.

I kept all the factory presets on the device, but moved them towards the middle to make room for my own presets. For this track, all I did was scroll through a few factory presets until I landed on something awesome. I landed on Wrecked Express (which I'm assuming uses the Trainwreck Express; I didn't even bother to look lol, I just played).

This thing sounds SUPER fantastic in a mix. Caveats: I'm not old enough to have done (real) music in the 80s, so I don't know anything about proper 80s high gain. Also: this is just a quick preview of a scratch mix. I looped a bunch of things in a hurry so my friend could work on lyric structure. Also also: I realize that the guitars aren't really even featured in this track, but they play a prominent part. Our idea was to start with EDM concepts and apply them to 80s rock.

The first 30 seconds really sounds good. It builds nice too. I think a faster tempo guitar afterwards would sound better. This is just my personal humble opinion.

Back
Top Bottom