AX8 in a mall???

skyhighrocks

Inspired
My band was scheduled to play outside a mall in Cambridge, MA last night but because of the weather, the show got moved inside. Here's a couple of clips from the show. First one is soundcheck and the second is Livin' On A Prayer.

We were just like Tiffany and Debbie Gibson!

It's My Life - Soundcheck

Livin' On A Prayer

I used the Carol Ann Triptik amps all night. I like changing it up from show to show to find what will work best for me.

And compared to the 5153, how was it?

Not too different. I've said this many times on other forums over the years...

My tone out front sounds GREAT. My tone in my in ears sounds the complete opposite...TERRIBLE. Nothing at all like the FOH sound, even though they're the same signal. Doesn't matter the venue or sound guy. I have a good sennheiser unit (and previously had a shure) and $1000 6 driver custom IEMs...doesn't matter. I've tried small mixers and other contraptions. I just do not like the sound of ANY guitar amp/speaker/mic combo pressed against my ear drums. I struggle with this constantly because I sing MUCH better using the IEMs...but my playing suffers big time because it sounds like crap (in my ears).

Not too different. I've said this many times on other forums over the years...

My tone out front sounds GREAT. My tone in my in ears sounds the complete opposite...TERRIBLE. Nothing at all like the FOH sound, even though they're the same signal. Doesn't matter the venue or sound guy. I have a good sennheiser unit (and previously had a shure) and $1000 6 driver custom IEMs...doesn't matter. I've tried small mixers and other contraptions. I just do not like the sound of ANY guitar amp/speaker/mic combo pressed against my ear drums. I struggle with this constantly because I sing MUCH better using the IEMs...but my playing suffers big time because it sounds like crap (in my ears).

Vocal harmonies are stellar!

I thought I was the only one. I have the EXACT same problem, and same gear! Awesome Sennheiser unit, awesome custom molds from Future Sonics (MG6 Pro), FOH sound is awesome, and the COMPLETE OPPOSITE in my ears, and it pains me every night. I've called in and hired a pro monitor engineer who specializes in IEM as well. If you ever figure this out, please remember me and pass along the solution. I'll do the same.

Vocal harmonies are stellar!

I thought I was the only one. I have the EXACT same problem, and same gear! Awesome Sennheiser unit, awesome custom molds from Future Sonics (MG6 Pro), FOH sound is awesome, and the COMPLETE OPPOSITE in my ears, and it pains me every night. I've called in and hired a pro monitor engineer who specializes in IEM as well. If you ever figure this out, please remember me and pass along the solution. I'll do the same.

definitely! I've been battling this for around 8 years now.

Back
Top Bottom